PDA

View Full Version : Malcom scope question

JerryW
04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
A friend has one on a repo of the 74 Sharps no matter how tight everything is the scope works ahead. Thay were supposed to come out with a revised set of mounts ?? Has anyone done a fix on theres? Thanks. JerryW

Boz330
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Which scope are you talking about. MVA scopes are supposed to move in the mounts. The other 2 aren't. A trick that they used in Africa for hard recoiling guns was to stretch a condom over the scope where the rings go and trim the the excess off. There might be a professional item now.

Bob

delt167502
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I have used weldwood glue on the rings ,after laping the rings.clean both the rings & scope with acetone ,then using a tooth pick put a small bead ( A SMALL BEAD) on the rings set the scope then screw dn. tight,using a tooth pick scrape of any that seeps out. I got this from the web site Graybeard forum it works .if you need to remove the scope remove the screws tap the rings it comes off easly clean rings & scope with acetone. this works on my 45-70 govt. 14'' contender with stiff loads using 4198 405 gr bullet .40 rds. 2 of us we gun shy for a wk. but the scope did not move.