PDA

View Full Version : Maven

Buckshot
07-18-2006, 11:24 AM
...............Just got my issue of the Fouling shot and I see our very own Maven has been published again :-). Good job Paul.

...............Buckshot

Maven
07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks Rick, you've made my day! I haven't received my FS yet so it comes as a surprise that my article was published at all. (The FS editor doesn't tell you when or if your article will be printed.) As a matter of fact, when I was revising it, I had serious 'puter problems (the mouse driver in particular) and was afraid it was lost forever; but a quick telephone call to my computer guru, i.e., my son, helped me retrieve it. Do you know what a PITA it is to use MS Word without a mouse?

Buckshot
07-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Do you know what a PITA it is to use MS Word without a mouse?

...............HA! MS Word sounds like something you'd take a pill to get rid of.

............Buckshot

Mk42gunner
07-19-2006, 02:14 AM
HA! MS Word sounds like something you'd take a pill to get rid of.

More like a shot of penicillan.

swheeler
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Congrats Paul! Elmer-Jack and now MAVEN

Maven
07-19-2006, 03:05 PM
All, Thanks again for your compliments and at the risk of appearing falsely modest, it's not all that difficult to write an article for the CBA*: If you know your subject, an article almost writes itself (especially if you use a word processing program that works!). The hardest part is actually starting or rather, sitting down in front of your keyboard and pouring forth. (This is much easier on a cold, rainy or snowy day or when you can't get to the range because of the weather.) Also, I encourage you to try your hand at writing and submitting material to the CBA as it is very gratifying to see your name in print. It also helps the editor, Glenn Latham, who'll sleep better at night knowing he has a comfortable reserve on hand. And no, I'm not nearly in the league of Elmer, Jack, Bill, Finn, KLW, et al.

*Several years ago I was disgusted with the quality of what I was reading in "The Fouling Shot" and wrote to Glenn to complain. I also thought I could write at least as well as what I saw there and thus proposed a subject to him. He said OK and the article (on milsurp powders) was submitted and subsequently published.

swheeler
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Maven; I got faith in ya man, a couple more years and we'll be readin' about you stalking through the tall grass on the dark continent. Keep up mthe good work!
Scot