PDA

View Full Version : My 40 cal BTS test platform

BT Sniper
04-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Been waiting on this one a while. Just became avialable this week. I will have somthing now to really test the BTS 40x9mm bullets with. Check it out.

http://www.oeoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=961

Think I may put a sightron red dot scope on it. Should make a fun plinker. I should have range reports early next month with lots of pics :)

I still have a line on a EAA witness 40 cal pistol that I hope to get soon also.

I plan to complete a lot of die orders over the next few days as well. Should be shipping out quite a few soon. Thanks again guys.

Good shooting, SWAGE ON!

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey, if one dealer has the High point in 40, maybe others do as well too.
But $299..Yeeooza.
Jon

Daywalker
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Isn't that Hi Poin'ts Newest model? That sure does look nice. Will be interested in a review of it when you get it... May have to add that onto my list of wants!!!

BT Sniper
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeh generaly the 9mm carbine can be found under $200. A new 40 carbine years ago when they made them around $250. No one has been able to find a 40 new or used avialable for at least 6 months or more. Heck wife said I could buy one as Christmas pressent. I couldn't find one till now so I had to jump.

EO outfiters is the first to recieve any and then only 10 total as they are just down the street from distrabution center. HiPoint still says it will be months before any large numbers are avialble. I can't wait that long any more. Got bullets avialable by the thousands. Need to shoot, must shoot, have to shoot!!!!!

Yep it is there new model.

Here is the 9mm stock model
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/new995-1.jpg

and with a different stock, berrata copy
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/156_156.jpg

Daywalker
04-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Yea I knew they had a new model for release in 2010. They do not show the picture on the Hi Point website. I am going to have to check around here locally see what I can find. Thanks for the info...

wingnut
04-23-2010, 07:38 PM
BTS Do you still have tooling for your 9mm-40 bullets? We have CH-40 dies and Corbin press already. PM me if you do with price and mailing info. The hi-point 40 is going for FULL RETAIL on Gun Broker. Thanks

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Great Gunshow this weekend, so far.
one dealer has one for these in 40.
I was chompin' on the bit to buy this,
I held off so far...tag says $269...it is new, unfired, in the box.
Should I buy it ?
Jon

(photo of the new style in 9mm)

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/new995-1.jpg

BT Sniper
09-26-2010, 01:02 AM
As you know I paid $299 for mine + shipping and FFL charges. Only put 200 rounds threw here so far. Seems pretty accurate with 2 inch gorups at 40 yrds so far but wasn't even trying. A good deal of positive feed back out there with their carbines. I don't really have anything negitive to say about them. The length of pull is about .5" to long for me at somthing like 13.5 inches I think. It kicks a little more then I expected but functions well and is fun to shoot.

BT

a.squibload
09-26-2010, 04:28 AM
The two pics look like old military vs sci-fi!

I really wanted the KelTec for the stash-in-a-laptop bag size, about 17" folded,
but they're running around $400 last I checked.
A friend has the KelTec and likes it.
The Highpoint easily accepts a scope or dot, not so for KT.
And the Highpoint looks better.

The OE outfitters page you linked says "out of stock". Dangit.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Other goodies that I actually bought yesterday was :
S&W 1917 45acp revolver.
Redhawk in 41 Mag
Custom Mauser (Loewe, Berlin receiver) in 257 Robt with a beautiful Full Manlicher stock.
Custom Jap rifle, rechambered to 6.5 Roberts, came with dies and brass also has a beautiful Full Manlicher stock.
See why it was difficult to buy the Highpoint...Maybe today.
Jon

Daywalker
09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I just have to say. It does this ole heart good to actually see some fine folks talk good about highpoints. I own 2 in handguns, 9mm and 45 acp. I get so sick and tired of seeing them being trash talked all the time. You all just don't understand how refreshing it is for me to see some actual open minded group like this looking into owning one even tho it is the carbine rifle. I am looking into getting one myself one day...

BT Sniper
09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
I read HighPoint actually has very good customer service. Each time you send a gun in they send you a free clip from what I hear. Can't comment on the pistol but the carbine does what it is supposed to do. ONly draw back is limited to 10 round clips if that is even a concern.

I think if I had my choice between the carbine and that 40 cal 6 shooter pistol you where looking at there Jon.............. well I would get both starting with the pistol though just because it is a bit more difficult to find, though the 4095 is a bit hard to find at time too.

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun anyways with all the new toys. See if you can't get a better deal on the carbine out of the guy, like $250 or so. Make it a deal you can't refuse you know.

BT

Daywalker
09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
One of the best things about highpoint is the fact that you can buy a highpoint used from a guy that bought it from a guy that also bought it from a different guy and they will still honor the lifetime warranty. No questions asked. My neighbor bought one at a flea market, of course he never heard of them and got the raw end when they sold it to him for close to 300.00 and it was the 9mm handgun which you can get for a bit less than 200.00. The only problem he had with it was the magazine had a bad spring. He called highpoint and they said to send it back to them. So he sent the magazine back to highpoint, they did not bother to fix the spring, instead, they sent him a new magazine as well as a couple extra magazine springs for a just in case situation. They are top notch that is for sure...

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Well,
the gunshow is over.
The dealer with the Carbine Highpoints (one in 9mm and one in 40) would not deal on the price.
The 9 was priced at $269 and the 40 was $289 (my mistake).
He sold the 9 while I was talking to him for the umteenth time.

BUT, today a guy was wandering through the show with one in the box.
I was totally shocked. It was the older style, He said he bought it about 8 years ago.
it also had a neat flash hider that was an add on, He had 4 clips with it.
the gun looked unfired. He said he had shot it a few times, but he never checked
it for accuracy...Just plinking. He said he got razzed by his friends so much, he never
brought it back to the range. He was asking $250 but was looking for some Ammo, I offered him $180 and 4 boxes of 9s. He bit and I got the Rifle :)

It was a great show, also picked up a Ruger #3 in 22 Hornet. I've been wanting a #3 for a long time...added bonus it's a Hornet.
Jon

BT Sniper
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
:shock:[smilie=w: Nice score. Heck of a deal. Just last year you could not find an old style 4095. Even if you could it was well over $300 probably colser to $400 in used condition.

I have read many good things about the CS at highpoint, should you have anything wrong with it. Doubt you will. Now we can share load reciepts from same guns COOL!!!

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php here is a pretty good sight for the highpoint guys. They don't like the ABT guys though so word of caution.

Enjoy the new toys. let us now how it likes the 193s

BT