PDA

View Full Version : Smartcarry holster

Shooter6br
04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Bought a Smartcarry holster for my SIG 250C in 45acp. Looked weird but works great for CCW use. If you are looking for a a way to carry a med to large pistol concealed this is the SH*T as my 21 yr old son says

Themoose
04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Can you post a picture of the holster? I bought a Sig 250 as well in 45 ACP at the York gun show last month.. got a holster, but not the best..

Thanks,

TheMoose

George_J
04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.smartcarry.com/photos.html

Themoose
04-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I did go to the website earlier and also watched the video on YouTube... I guess that only other question I would have is what do you do when you have to pee? Doing in the the privacy of you home is one thing, but what about when you have to use a public restroom? Guess you have to use a stall with a door so others don't see your "equipment".

TheMoose

Shooter6br
04-17-2010, 05:51 PM
THEMOOSE check the web site>I always hated a belt holster. A shoulder holster you need a jacket on. I wear the Smartcarry in the house with jeans, shorts and sweat pants on. The wife and son cant tell I have the SIG on The thick double stack grip is well hidden. Best concealment holster i even used. i dont leave home without it or my SIG 45 ACP. By the way the SIG is great to shoot Less recoil than my 1911 full frame.! Rick

Shooter6br
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes you may have to use a stall. Also when you draw the pistol you cant re holster it without un doing your pants. BUT you can wear it all day sit down, exercise with no trouble at all, drive a car etc.Besides dont take it out(gun that is )unless you plan to use it lol,

deerslayer
04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Another great option is a belly band by tufforce. I carry one with a .45 under my arm and it is great. I have a friend who is a state police officer, he and his family was with me all day the other day. Boy was he surprised when we were eating dinner and he found out I was armed. Not that I was a threat but that he had missed it all day and it was that easy to conceal and deploy that large of firearm and he never even knew. We went and got him one today for his normal off duty carry.

MtGun44
04-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Would never sit down with a gun in that location. Remember the safety rule that says
"Never point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to destroy. . . . . ."

Not me.

softpoint
04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
I like those. I think I'm going to get one. Great for Sig, maybe Glock. I just ain't too sure about carrying a 1911 there. Don't get me wrong, I love my 1911's, Just not sure I'd want to carry mine there. :holysheep. Maybe I'll change my mind about that once I get one. :-P

cptinjeff
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I wore one of these rigs for two years (it used to be called "THUNDERWEAR").

Although you can drive with it, Your gun can not be drawn when sitting (at least for me). After a long period of time wearing it almost everyday (2 years). It started to affect my...........um um (private parts that a male dog licks) :groner:and became very uncomfortable.:holysheep I recommend you don't wear this every day. It might be good to mix it up with another form of carry to give your (ah hems) a break. Just my experience. I carried a glock 27 or a smith 642 and it is a great method if your going to be standing much more than sitting. Part of my problem was I was in and out of a car all the time and......

about the pee thing. I found my guns rode a litte better with the barrel slightly to weak hand side so to pee you would just unzip and slide the rig a little to one side (because it was already mostly to one side) and pull down the tighty whities and have at it. I could do this in a crowded rest room and felt very confident my gun....no my weapon....no...my self protection tool wasn't showing.

spqrzilla
04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Doesn't look that smart to me, I'm afraid. Not only is the pistol pointed to near one's "private" parts but - in all seriousness - its too close to my femoral artery.

Not happening.

warf73
04-19-2010, 12:34 AM
If thats what floats your boat. If you can't drawl while seated (aka sitting in your truck/car) then it would be pointless to have in my eyes. You should pick a holster/ carry device that you can use in all situations.