PDA

View Full Version : After waiting 14 months it's finally here!

TylerR
04-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I finally received my walnut hill press and .224 dies with rimfire jacket maker from RCE. I placed the order on 2/18/2009. I have to admit 14 months was a long time to wait, but I am very excited to finally get going on this new project. The press is simply amazing, a truly fine piece of tooling.

I know some of you guys are waiting on presses as well, so I thought I would give those who are still waiting some hope.

Happy Swaging!

Dframe
04-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Congratulations. I have my press but still no dies.

ANeat
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Honestly I dont know what the deal is. Ive heard of guys that ordered the same stuff I did that got theirs in 6 months (they ordered after I did and got theirs sooner)

Then some guys that waited longer like Tyler.

I ordered mine in May of last year and got it last week (11 months)

Also my press is rubbing on the linkage, (between the linkage and the base) but Im not sending it back, Ill deal with it.

I began hearing the "it will go out next week" e-mails in November.

My card was charged on Feb 17 and he said it would ship next week.

I finally got feed up with it and told Richard on April 2nd if it hadnt shipped to cancel the entire order, he shipped it that day.

Great equipment yes, nice guy, sure. Hopefully the service part will get better.

Sorry, felt like I had to vent a bit ;)

TylerR
04-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Honestly I dont know what the deal is. Ive heard of guys that ordered the same stuff I did that got theirs in 6 months (they ordered after I did and got theirs sooner)

Then some guys that waited longer like Tyler.

I ordered mine in May of last year and got it last week (11 months)

Also my press is rubbing on the linkage, (between the linkage and the base) but Im not sending it back, Ill deal with it.

I began hearing the "it will go out next week" e-mails in November.

My card was charged on Feb 17 and he said it would ship next week.

I finally got feed up with it and told Richard on April 2nd if it hadnt shipped to cancel the entire order, he shipped it that day.

Great equipment yes, nice guy, sure. Hopefully the service part will get better.

Sorry, felt like I had to vent a bit ;)

ANeat.
I had the exact same experience, and the same confusion. I also read the posts on this board about some people getting their presses after 6 months, which really bugged me after waiting 12. I paid in full for my order on 2/8 after being told it was ready to ship. I received it just yesterday, 7 weeks later. Everytime I asked about it I was told it will be shipped within a week. I was very, very close to calling and giving the same ultimatum. I told myself I would give it till the 15th before taking that step, and luckily I didnt have to go there. I got the email last week it was shipping out. I had read that this was the norm, so I went into it kind of expecting it. The bottom line is it was a very tough wait, but i'm happy now.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the press. Did you discover that immediately, or not till you started swaging with it? Mine appears to be in good shape but I haven't actually used it yet.

Sarg
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
My press linkage rubs the base as well but it seems to be just a powder coat issue. The tolerances are so close that when it was shipped off to powder coat that extra .0005" x2 was enough to cause the rubbing. I just have a small eye dropper with oil that when I notice it rubbing I drop a dab on it ... it hasn't caused any issues - I think it is just part of being broke in. The press is a monster as far as power goes. I believe the it is going to ship thing is normal. I was charges about 6 weeks before mine actually arrived. I had forgotten that I even ordered it.

Sarg

ANeat
04-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Mine sounds like Sarg's. I didnt notice at first, just thought it was tight. Then it started chattering thru the stroke and I noticed some of the blue off the base being rubbed off.

Pretty easy cure really, the base is .009 wider that the distance between the linkage, Mill off .005 more from each side when its being made, no need for that dimension to be so dang close anyway.

I dabbed a little grease on it for now (per Richard)