PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have plans for a heavy duty cooker stand?

Muddy Creek Sam
04-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Howdy all,

I am smelting in a 6 qt Dutch oven and worry about filling it full. Have a welder friend coming next week and would like to replace the Bayou stand I have. Might even get a bigger pot. So looking for something that will hold it all up safely.

Thanks,

Sam :D

mike in co
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
i use ther turkey fryer as it came, but on its lowest leg setting...about an 18" pattern.

i use a fat 50 cal ammo can it will do 120-140 or so of lead.

mike in co

Cowboy T
04-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I use a Wal-Mart fish fryer that already has a good, sturdy stand. I fill up my 5 qt cast iron Dutch Oven all the time, no problems.

If you get a decent turkey/fish fryer from the start, you should have no problems.

Gunfixer
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
If the stand you have is OK, just duplicate it with heavier gauge material. However, I found, as mine was a bolt together setup, that just welding it together was more than enough.

Hankster1962
10-11-2010, 02:05 AM
I built a turkey cooker of my own using a cast iron hot water tank heater, a propane tank cut in half and ree bar for the grill top. For a stand I used a metal stool, similiar to a bar stool type but made of metal. Welded the homemade propane tank stove right onto the seat. Strong and sturdy as one could want. Just an idea. Later

jsizemore
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
I got a 22" tall turkey cooker from Agri-Supply. I set my 6qt on it and then took a 5 gal. bucket full of WW and set it on the pot. Wiggled it around on my smelting spot and it did fine. Took all that off and set a step ladder beside it and step off onto the cooker. Wiggled a little and it didn't budge. Weighed 258 at the time. That seems a simple, light weight and strong design.

buck1
10-12-2010, 08:00 PM
My fryer has a ring on the top and a ring on the botton. I added 1/2" steel tubing between the two rings in 3 places(top to bottom). It will handle a full 11qt dutch oven. I filled the pot with cold ingots and jumped on it several times. Not scientific but it seemed to work fine.

Down South
10-14-2010, 07:52 AM
This is what I use. It has the high pressure regulator too.
http://www.louisianagifts.com/cajun-gift-330.html