PDA

View Full Version : WC-860 help--New or Pulldown?

mdatlanta
07-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm about ready to buy a bunch of 860. I see that Pat's is offering "virgin" and pulldown. It the "virgin" worth the extra $$ (mabe I should rephrase the question!)? [smilie=1:

Also, it doesn't seem like any of the folks offering this stuff for sale is listing lot numbers...is all the 860 on the market right now from the same lot? If not, is any one lot favored over another and which dealer is selling it?

Are there any dealers/lots to avoid? I've had good luck with Jeff @ GI Brass, Graf's, and Wideners, but have not ordered from Pat's or HiTech (who pays hazmat, BTW).

Anyway, any advice from the folks on this great site will be appreciated!

Mike

Buckshot
07-18-2006, 01:40 PM
..................I'm going to say that I doubt if it makes any difference at all. I've shot a lot of 860 and 872 and I can't remember now if any had been PD or new pdn. On one order several of us did I bought new pdn 4895 and another got PD. We each swapped a pound and danged if I saw any difference worth mentioning.

When you order you might ask if they'd had any feedback on a difference.

.................Buckshot

mdatlanta
07-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, Buckshot (& Felix via PM).

I placed an order today for some pulldown. Can't wait to join the fun!

Mike

Lloyd Smale
07-19-2006, 04:58 AM
probably the only difference may be a slightly differnt burning rate because its a differnt lot. I know the 820pd i bought is slightly faster burning then the virgin 820.

454PB
07-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Most all the milsurp powders I buy are pulldown. The only thing I've noticed on close inspection is that you'll see some small debris, usually looks like paper dust. Certainly nothing to worry about.