PDA

View Full Version : Sceery Latex Hheeellllppp!!

charger 1
07-15-2006, 05:19 AM
Does anybody know where I can get the 2" square latex pieces that Sceery uses for their mouthpieces on their elk calls? Scerry tells me that they'll send them up at three dollars a piece. In other words, about twenty dollars a day, just to practice, or, and I quote: "I can sit in the bush and cut up something called 'gold coin condoms' because they're the right thickness of latex". People on this board who know me know what my reply was to that. Glorious retailer tells me without the knowledge that my wife is a nurse, and there is every type of latex glove around this house, that medical latex gloves work. To the good Mr Bulls**tting retailer, which is as close as you can get to a supervisor, obviously wasn't aware of that before he tried to bulls**t me once again. He did kindly offer, however, to exchange it with once again, my express post rates etc etc down the toilet. Does anybody frickin' know where I can put my hands on these latex pieces without condoms...and the right thickness???????? RANT OFF....PS.Out of all this I guess its sceery himself I'm most peeved at. .0045" thick latex,as fragile as it is. You lay out 60 can $ to own this combo pack and he cant swing more than 2 2" square pieces...Is latex that expensive Sceery???????????

Bigscot
07-15-2006, 08:10 AM
I knew that condoms could be used but not which ones. You might want to pose your question over at Preadator Masters, http://www.predatormastersforums.com/index.html

Bigscot

cherok9878
07-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Charger, there is a product that Dentist sometimes use, Dental Dam, I think. It is pretty thin. Ran into a guy at a gunshow that was making turkey calls using the stuff. Indicated he got it at drug store. Dont have any idea this is what your looking for, just thinking out loud........larry

waksupi
07-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Does anybody know where I can get the 2" square latex pieces that Sceery uses for their mouthpieces on their elk calls? Scerry tells me that they'll send them up at three dollars a piece. In other words, about twenty dollars a day, just to practice, or, and I quote: "I can sit in the bush and cut up something called 'gold coin condoms' because they're the right thickness of latex". People on this board who know me know what my reply was to that. Glorious retailer tells me without the knowledge that my wife is a nurse, and there is every type of latex glove around this house, that medical latex gloves work. To the good Mr Bulls**tting retailer, which is as close as you can get to a supervisor, obviously wasn't aware of that before he tried to bulls**t me once again. He did kindly offer, however, to exchange it with once again, my express post rates etc etc down the toilet. Does anybody frickin' know where I can put my hands on these latex pieces without condoms...and the right thickness???????? RANT OFF....PS.Out of all this I guess its sceery himself I'm most peeved at. .0045" thick latex,as fragile as it is. You lay out 60 can $ to own this combo pack and he cant swing more than 2 2" square pieces...Is latex that expensive Sceery???????????

You might try some nitrile gloves. Cheap, and available from Harbor frieght, and probably Wally World. I keep some around for working with stains and finishes.

Jumptrap
07-15-2006, 02:48 PM
well hell.......go to lovers lane and you can get all the once used rubbers you'll ever need.....that ought to be cheap enough and figure it's like scarfing brass at the range. HAR! damn when I was many years younger and sowing wild oats, the favorite place had a tree whose limbs were covered in rubbers. hanging like christmas tree ornanments! I had this hot little filly there one night and as we pulled in she said....what is all over that tree? i said......oh, I'll show you when we get ready to leave.....we added a couple ornaments to the tree with a giggle. Which causes me to recall..30+ years ago, rubbers came in a small round box....3 for a 50 cents at any country store or gas station...and they didn't come from a machine on the bathroom wall....you just asked for some 'rubbers'. The little bastard pumping gas would always look at your date and grin. hehehehe.....where has the time gone?

wills
07-15-2006, 03:14 PM
http://www.henryschein.com/SrchResult.asp?SearchType=1&keyword=dam&s8fid=24011529776171

Dams

charger 1
07-15-2006, 06:31 PM
well hell.......go to lovers lane and you can get all the once used rubbers you'll ever need.....that ought to be cheap enough and figure it's like scarfing brass at the range. HAR! damn when I was many years younger and sowing wild oats, the favorite place had a tree whose limbs were covered in rubbers. hanging like christmas tree ornanments! I had this hot little filly there one night and as we pulled in she said....what is all over that tree? i said......oh, I'll show you when we get ready to leave.....we added a couple ornaments to the tree with a giggle. Which causes me to recall..30+ years ago, rubbers came in a small round box....3 for a 50 cents at any country store or gas station...and they didn't come from a machine on the bathroom wall....you just asked for some 'rubbers'. The little bastard pumping gas would always look at your date and grin. hehehehe.....where has the time gone?

Interesting,and packed full of information..Thankyou

PatMarlin
07-15-2006, 08:59 PM
.......:mrgreen:

Jumptrap
07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Interesting,and packed full of information..Thankyou

Just like you.

charger 1
07-16-2006, 04:50 AM
Thankyou men. Thankyou too Jumptrap

hpdrifter
07-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Might check one of those exercise bands in the exercise section of Wally World. A whole long roll of latex. Maybe a little thick, I couldn't really say.

Paul B
07-24-2006, 01:59 PM

Thank you for sharing that. :D
Paul B.

Springfield
07-26-2006, 12:36 PM
You might try a Magic store. I had this trick once that used latex squares stretched ove a coin so thin that you couldn't see the latex. They were 3" X 3" squares ar thereabouts.

shooter575
07-26-2006, 02:41 PM
You could buy liquid latex and pour you own? Model makers use it to make moulds for casting.I have seen it in pint jars in the 10 buck range at hobby shops.Heck you could even make your own custom fit condoms [smilie=w:

BABore
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't know what thickness you need, but McMaster-Carr carries natural latex rubber film. The 0.004" thickness stock is 6" wide and is $1.79 per linear yard. They go from 0.004" to 0.014" in 0.002" increments. They have it up to 0.050" thick too. Their address is www.mcmaster.com