PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wesson

lead4me
04-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Anybody have any experience with an Cylinder & Side fire control group for the 1911? I just installed their "Drop in Tactical II trigger set" 4lb trigger in my CBOB .45 and took it to the range today. It followed every shot, I adjusted the sear leg to push harder & still followed. Trigger was a sweet 3 1/2lbs but my 1911 was turned into a single shot. No slam fires but all fell to half cock or all the way down.
I did notice that the sear they sent was .034 longer than the factory sear and when the pistol was thumb cocked the slide did not hit the hammer when you racked the gun. With the sear being longer could the hammer not be pushed "down" enough for the sear to engage the hammer hooks?
Any thought's?

KYCaster
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I think you answered your own question. If the slide doesn't contact the hammer at full cock then there's no way it can catch the sear.

C&S has a very good reputation and should resolve the problem to your satisfaction...give them a call.

Jerry

lead4me
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Just got off the phone with Dan a tech at C&S, and the problem although not theirs is the sear is too long for the Dan Wesson ( At least the one I have) but at no cost to me they told me to ship the sear back and with in the week they will re-cut the nose and ship it back to me :-P. I hate to knock Dan Wesson pistols but I e-mailed them 10 days ago about a problem with this .45 it had went Full Auto due to too soft a metal being used in the sear and hammer, the hammer was broken due to the gun going auto even called and left a message. STILL have not heard back from them regarding this issue....Too busy to talk to a customer???