PDA

View Full Version : Extra Part for My Lubesizers

TCLouis
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Took both apart dnd boiled out the existing lube so I can go back and use up my supply of 50/50 lube.

Lo and behold when I went to put them together I had an extra part that goes on one of them SOMEWHERE.

Lyman 450 and RCBS.

Part in question is black oxide coated, about 1/2" in diameter, 5/8" long, with a 5/16" (or so) hole through it.

I have NO idea and can not find a blow-up drawing of either to figure where it came from.

Looking for info or a link to a blow-up drawing of both lubrisizers or at least the one with this part.

pincherpartner
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Does page 5 help?
http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/bullet-casting/pdf/LyC_BC_LS_4500.pdf

Or would it be part #28 on page 7
http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Lube-A-Matic_Bullet_Sizer_Lubricator_Instructions.pdf

xr650
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Don't worry about it. Just tear down and reassemble enough times that you have left over parts for three sizers. [smilie=1:

TCLouis
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Pincherpartner

Just guessing since it was not there til after I boiled it, I'm guessing # 28 from the RCBS.

I can see the use and utility of it in that location. I will place it under the plunger (or whatever they call it) the next time I put in more lube.

TCLouis
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
xr650

That why i used to love about working on helicopters, there were always plenty of screws and bolts left over after every job to put in empty holes one would find later. Wonder why those holes and parts didn't have bolts in the first place, after all I found a place for most of them.

SciFiJim
04-17-2010, 12:50 AM
TCLouis, You might want to go ahead and put that part in now. It is to keep you from bottoming out the lube plunger (part 22 on the RCBS diagram). It just slides over the rod in the reservoir. Unless you have a really hard lube, you can push it in by hand.

TCLouis
04-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Last time I had to charge with lube I dropped it in.
Thank you for the drawing, I was going nuts not having seen it before I boiled it out.

O rings went out on both lubrisizers now. Of course they are only 20-25 year old so I guess they are due to be changed out. I sure hope standard O rings are oil resistant enough for 50:50.

I just ran out of FWFWL from the Big Batch Cook Off of some years ago and went back to use up the 50:50 sticks I had as well as some 2138F I had sitting around. This gives me several pounds of 50:50, but I have 750 or so 429421s to lube and that lube groove eats the lube. 1/2 turn of the ratchet is only 2 boolits with that one.