PDA

View Full Version : Hornady Auto Measuring Scale

doubs43
04-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Hornady is now selling an automatic measuring powder scale for considerably less than the RCBS or Lyman versions.

Does anyone have the Hornady model and what do you think of it?

DLCTEX
04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
What's the price of the Hornady?

doubs43
04-10-2010, 01:20 PM
What's the price of the Hornady?

Depending upon where you buy it, the cost is from $218 - $240. Midsouth is the cheapest but they're out of stock while Midway and Grafs both have them. (Update: Midway and Grafs are now out too.)

There is a SmartReloader unit at $205 at Grafs but I know nothing about them at all.

1988z01
04-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I definitely need an idea on this one. I have seen the RCBS one for 320 on GB. I love RCBS, but have had no problem with Hornady. Used the bullets forever. I'd love to hear more. I saw somewhere that stated it was easier than RCBS.

BCall
04-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I would like to try the Hornady one, I have used the RCBS one and like it very much. The only thing I can see that the RCBS has an advantage is that it is 2 separate units-a scale and a separate dispenser that "talk" to each other. The Hornady appears to be an all-in-one unit.

I have been the owner of one of those tv/vcr combos, and while it might be nice for space, if one part goes out, it is more expensive to replace/repair. The RCBS unit is more money, but if the scale or dispenser goes on the fritz, you could replace only the part that went bad. Maybe not an issue, but one that has me considering which one to buy. Billy

1988z01
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
owner of one of those tv/vcr combos, and while it might be nice for space, if one part goes out, it is more expensive to replace/repair

OMG I just thought about those. OK. I get it. May definitely be worth the extra buck. Excellent point.

spqrzilla
04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I like the physical layout better than the Lyman and RCBS from what I see in the video.

deerslayer
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
They have the lyman 1200 dps III at bass pro online for 249.99. I know someone with one and it seems great to me, of course I still throw charges on a lee scale so it would look prettv nice. The reviews are all good on these from what I have seen.