PDA

View Full Version : Dillon comes through big time!

waco
04-09-2010, 11:42 PM
So i'm out in the shop the other day getting ready to load up some .38spl on my dillon 550. The press was set up for .44mag. So i start the process of switching over from large to small primers. Once i was "snugging" up the bolts on the bottom of the primer housing shield, i (like a bonehead) stripped out one of the holes in the base of the housing:oops:I had just read some of your guys posts about how good Dillon's customer service was. Several people said that they had replaced some parts at very little to no cost. I went to Dillons website and found the part the i screwed up.It just happen to be a $43.00 part! there is no way they will just give this one to me i thought to myself. I sent them a email anyway just to see what they would say. To my suprise, i got an email back the next day.They wanted my address and said the part would ship out the next day, NO COST to me!!! From my first email to them, to the time the part was on my doorstep was less than a week (6 days). I will blindly purchase RCBS products, and Dillon is now on this very short list! Above and beyond in my book.I would have bought the part, but was hoping maybe i could work a discount price maybe....but free?!!! that was cool!:castmine:
waco

Artful
04-10-2010, 12:37 AM
They are good to us - but that's why I have two dillons - one small primer and one large primer set up.

7of7
04-10-2010, 01:26 AM
They are good to us - but that's why I have two dillons - one small primer and one large primer set up.

a second would be quite nice to do that with...

Doc Highwall
04-10-2010, 10:41 AM
waco, I too have two Dillon 550B's set up with both large and small primers. Now if you buy another one you can relay to Dillon about your being taken care of by them with their no B.S. warranty. The second press all set up for primers makes the reloading nicer. I have mine set up with the strong mount and bullet tray and I am thinking about the case feeder as I have one for my 650.

Southern Son
04-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Love my 550. Would buy a seecond to set up one for each primer size, but I don't have enough room for the gear I have, let alone another 550.

unclebill
04-11-2010, 05:39 AM
yep
i have messed up a few parts.
last time i tried to explain it was my fault and the guy cut me off and asked for my addy so he could send my replacement part that day.
this is one time we get what we pay for.....

bertus
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I once managed to mislay all of my locator buttons,so i mailed them for a new set and stated that i was willing to pay for them being it my own fault,a week later I received them free of charge quit a feat me living in Holland,

Regards,
Oscar

Trey45
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
My first dillon was bought used and came to me missing some small parts. I call Dillon and begin to order the missing parts, parts that were missing through no fault of Dillon, they refused to take my credit card number and insisted on shipping the missing parts free of charge, they wouldn't even let me pay shipping.
Because of the superlative customer service Dillon offers, I purchased a second Dillon, this one brand new, keeping one set up as a large primer, the other as a small primer set up. I have toyed with the idea of buying another Dillon, this one a Square Deal dedicated to loading just one pistol caliber.

dubber123
04-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Waco, didja send them a nice thank you E-mail? I bet they still appreciate getting those. Glad to hear of a company standing behind it's stuff. I am still on the fence about getting a progressive, but I am leaning towards a Dillon, based mostly on their customer service.

Crash_Corrigan
04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I bought a Dillon Square Deal Press from one of our members. It was missing some parts and some others were damaged. I made up my list and called Dillon.

I explained what I needed and they refused to take my credit card info and sent out the parts. They were here in two days at no charge to me.

This is not the first time this has happened but I certainly was prepared to pay for the parts as it was not the fault of Dillon. Ya get what you pay for with this company. This is a true no BS lifetime guarantee and they back it up.

hicard
04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Best move I ever made was to buy 2 Dillon 550B machines. Never enjoyed reloading so much after getting them and my only complaint is not having empty brass around when I want to try a new load.

GRid.1569
04-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Lucky you... I sent them an email about my 650's priming on Feb 17th haven't hear a thing.... Still fairs fair... it is good kit I've had mine 15-16yrs...

jeff423
04-15-2010, 10:49 PM
yep
i have messed up a few parts.
last time i tried to explain it was my fault and the guy cut me off and asked for my addy so he could send my replacement part that day.
this is one time we get what we pay for.....

That is my experience too. It's still too painful to describe what I did, but Dillon had the replacement parts to me in less than a week, at no charge.

(On a completely non-related issue - if the press is binds up when resizing, don't force it) :wink:

Jeff

JIMinPHX
04-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I've had mixed experiences with Dillon. I'm glad to hear that you made out well.

GRid.1569
04-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Lucky you... I sent them an email about my 650's priming on Feb 17th haven't hear a thing.... Still fairs fair... it is good kit I've had mine 15-16yrs...

Well I was quick enough to say that... so it's only right that I be just a quick to say...

Following advice from "Crash" I emailed again and got a response very quickly... The parts to replenish the items used in my Maint. Kit are on their way...

- Big Blue came through after all....

Thanks Dan

Matt_G
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Well I was quick enough to say that... so it's only right that I be just a quick to say...

Following advice from "Crash" I emailed again and got a response very quickly... The parts to replenish the items used in my Maint. Kit are on their way...

- Big Blue came through after all....

Thanks Dan

First e-mail may very well have been eaten by a spam filter. Just one possible explanation...

quasi
04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
One thing I like about Dillon is they sell parts sets of commonly broken-lost parts for a reasonable price so you can have parts on hand to keep your press running immediately.

Shiloh
04-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Did the same thing last year. Same result. New part, no charge. Dillon and RCBS are the gold standard. Neither will even let me pay shipping.

SHiloh

David2011
04-16-2010, 11:36 PM
The worst thing about my Dillon presses is that every one is a different model. Service has been great. I've thought about selling my SDB and 550 to get a second 650. The costs to get the additional conversion kits to get a 650 to load all of the calibers my 550 will do keeps putting me off. I prefer to think of myself as thrifty.

David

GRid.1569
04-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Did the same thing last year. Same result. New part, no charge. Dillon and RCBS are the gold standard. Neither will even let me pay shipping.

SHiloh

Same with me... and I'm international shipping... that ain't cheap (as I've found out too many times before...) :sad:

Good on ya Blue.... Thanks....

wiljen
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Hornady has been as good as Dillon or RCBS for me. Not to say that either of those two is not superb, I just feel that Hornady deserves the same accolades.

skeettx
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I have two Dillon 1050s, one for small primers and one for large primers, I enjoy reloading and that is a problem with the 1050s.

I only get to load once a year or so for each of the calibers. BUT when I start loading a caliber I may crank out 3 to 4 thousand of them. And when you shoot about 10 calibers, you only load for each one once a year.
Mike