PDA

View Full Version : Red Dot sights

dromia
04-08-2010, 04:07 AM
I'm looking for recommendations for good but not too expensive Red Dot sight options to mount on a club AK clone for Mini Rifle competitions.

I've used Docter sights before and was impressed but don't want to spend that much plus the cost of a mount for a club gun.

gasboffer
04-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I have three Millets, on a FA .357, a TC .357 Max, and a .22 Hornet. No problems after several years.
Clyde

bobthenailer
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
ive been useing red dot sights for over 20 years , i currently have over 25 sights from the $600.00 to $35.00 price range with most in the $150.00 and up price range . and ive probley have owned 15 others. my favorite is aimpoint! i have around 10 , also the most expensive. for a limited budget its hard to beat a tasco! i have around 10 ? all work fine and all the dots are round ! no star bursts or doubel dots aka grape clusters.
off the subject but my mother was a war bride from birimgham . ive been to the UK once when i was in grade school. i still have my aunts family living there 4 cousins and ther familys

bob

Pat I.
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I picked up a Primary Arms M3 clone to use on an AR while saving up for the real thing. It seems like a pretty solid sight for the money, which isn't much. They also seem to get pretty good reviews. They're a far shot from an Aimpoint and the guy that runs the company will tell you that but for goofing around they seem alright and won't break the bank.

44man
04-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Millet needs the power turned up a lot to see sometimes but they are OK. Bushnell's work fine too.
Tasco is also good but if there is a lot of recoil it can ruin all of them.
The best for the money so far is the Ultra Dot from Ultra Dot West and they pay shipping. Mine have withstood thousands and thousands of rounds from my .475 and 45-70.

Dave C.
04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I agree with 44man. I have them mounted on the slide of sveral 1911 45's.
And they have held up to many thousands of rounds.

Dave C.