PDA

View Full Version : Bull Plate Question

Casting Timmy
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
I've never used bull plate, but it sounds like a liquid that drys on and provides a lot of lubrication to the sprue plate on bullet molds.

If that's right....has anyone tried this stuff as an alox alternative?

Recluse
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I've never used bull plate, but it sounds like a liquid that drys on and provides a lot of lubrication to the sprue plate on bullet molds.

If that's right....has anyone tried this stuff as an alox alternative?

Lee advised against using alox on their molds, which means for sure I wouldn't dream of using it on steel/brass/iron molds.

:coffee:

GP100man
04-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I think timmy wants to use it as a boolit loobe ???

It does`nt "dry" in a sense , it remains & is attracted to heat !!
Dan does have a formula for a loobe useing beeswax & Bullplate though !

If ya don`t clean the excess off the molds before heatin em up you WILL have problems !!

In defense of Bullplate lube it has allowed me to cast very many more boolits from a $20.00 mold !! & if Dans instructions are followed to the letter ya don`t have the formentioned problems!!

Suo Gan
04-07-2010, 11:44 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=26524&highlight=bullplate+beeswax
2nd post

mtgrs737
04-07-2010, 11:55 PM
If your talkin boolit lube, speed green is 75% beeswax and 25% bullplate by weight and it is easy to make.

Casting Timmy
04-08-2010, 06:09 AM
I think timmy wants to use it as a boolit loobe ???

It does`nt "dry" in a sense , it remains & is attracted to heat !!
Dan does have a formula for a loobe useing beeswax & Bullplate though !

If ya don`t clean the excess off the molds before heatin em up you WILL have problems !!

In defense of Bullplate lube it has allowed me to cast very many more boolits from a $20.00 mold !! & if Dans instructions are followed to the letter ya don`t have the formentioned problems!!

I was thinking about it as a tumble lube. I've heard enough good things about that stuff I should get myself a bottle and see how it works.

Thanks for all the good replies.

buck1
04-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Think of Bullplate as oil like not wax like. It does not dry.