PDA

View Full Version : Sand Bags

Beekeeper
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I know they are made as I have seen ones with Caldwell on the side.
Have looked on all of the supplier websites I go to has them.
Anyone know where to get them (without the sand of course, that I have)

Jim

Doc Highwall
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Sinclair has them with out the sand.

markinalpine
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=372725

Army surplus style. 25, either white or olive drag, $19.95 plus S&H.
Is this what your're looking for, or do you want something for a shooting rest?
And I'm sure you could find other surplus sand bags cheaper.
Mark

John D
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Try Here:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/prod_detail_list/Sand-Bags

gray wolf
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I had a chance to use a bag called --Bulls Bag-- It seemed to work very well. It was filled with kitty litter. Said no rear bag was needed. To sizes available.

Tazman1602
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
If you are looking for sand bag type rifle rest bags shoot me a PM. I sell these regularly as part of my business. Have been thinking of posting in swappin and sellin but didn't know how big they'd go over.

Hand made in USA of 10oz canvas duck and triple stitched with my shops logo on them (shameless plug but it looks nice....). I have them in dark blue, green, and red. Throw 'em in the truck and abuse them because they won't break your bank. They're hand cut so some are 1/2" smaller and some are 1/2" or so bigger. Filled with 99% dust free premium kitty litter.

I can get four (FILLED) in a medium flat rate box. Bags sell for $7/each so 4 shipped is $38.70. I can take gunpal, M.O., or last and most expensive at no cost to you, Paypal.

Pics HERE (http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/Tazman1602/RifleRestBags/)

Art

bigdog454
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I use empty shot bags. Talk to shotguners at the range.

Dan Cash
04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Take a trip to the local second hand store or Salvation Army store. Talk to them about unsellable denim pants. They will be very cheap or free. Get some and stop at the hardware on the way home for some cable ties. Chop off the legs, tie one end, add filler (sand, kitty litter or what ever) then tie the the other end with the cabel ties. Presto, sand bag for about a buck.

DAFzipper
04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I fill empty shot bags with spent primers then have the wife stitch them back up. Best of all they are free!!

Hardcast416taylor
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Now don`t tell me that you don`t have some old Levi jeans with holes in the legs so bad that even your dog wouldn`t wear them? I just cut the lower leg part off and either have the Frau stitch both ends almost shut or I use wire and twist each end shut. I`ve used cherry pits, sand, wheat siftings, styrofoam pellets and tumbler throw out cleaner for filling of the "Blue"bags.Robert

frankenfab
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
You can get them at Natchez Shooters Supply. It is a great bag. I have the large one without the strap. You can turn it sideways for handgun shooting and bury the triggergaurd down into the bag the same way every time for consistent barrel dwell time/angle repeatabilty.

The AGFC ranges have a big pile of sand filled shot bags, and I feel that they work well, also.

DLCTEX
04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Shot bags filled with play(washed) sand. If they get wet, just let them dry and they are good to go again. The kitty litter tends to turn to a hard lump of clay if you leave them in the back of the truck and it rains. Actually I use frac sand, used in fracturing oil and gas wells, as it is larger grained, but it will be hard to find in some areas.