PDA

View Full Version : who to buy new swaging equipment from

phil3333
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
would you buy from dave corbin or richard corbin or someone else.
i am talking about multiple presses and dies

ANeat
04-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I would make my own;) but if Im buying I go to Richard Corbin. For just dies I wouldnt have any hesitation getting dies from any of the know makers

BTW if youre considering hydraulic press he (Richard Corbin) has some in stock and on sale right now.

phil3333
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
aneat, can i ask why you would choose richard

Sarg
04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Richard is a nice guy. He is a true machinist that knows every part of the equipment he sales. He has more experience than most when it comes to the equipment as well. He's quick to answer questions (in relation to the other die makers - who may take 4-5 days; Richard is normally getting back to you in 48 hrs).

He makes a superior product as far as presses go ... absolutely awesome.

ANeat
04-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I think Richards prices are better, (A lot of guys who's opinion I have a lot of respect for highly recommend his equipment) . I havent seen an up to date price list on some of the specialty die makers. They may be a better option on dies.

I think all the swaging suppliers offer a top rate product. Price varies quite a bit and wait times can be a killer if youre expecting something ASAP

I ordered some stuff from Richard last year and Im still looking forward to recieving it ;)

phil3333
04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
thanks guys

Bullshop
04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
If you want it now buy from Dave if you want it someday buy from Richard, but order now.
BIC/BS

rbt50
04-06-2010, 12:39 AM
yes like bullshop said,it will be faster from dave but will also cost more,as for richard and i like buying from him if i am in no hurry.i also have things on order from last year.

Smokin7mm
04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Richard is a one man shop. He does it all himself. He was the machinest at Corbin before he decided to venture out on his own. Every year I go down to southern Oregon for the IHMSA West Coast Championships. I always make it a point to drop in to see Richard, usually to pick up a set of dies. All my equipment is from Richard. His prices are better also he is just a downright nice guy.
Bret

maddog2020
04-11-2010, 02:35 AM
who would make me a set to make 44's?

AF FAL
04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I have not purchased my swage press yet, but after all the reading and asking questions I am going with Richards Walnut Hill press. It is priced fairly and his dies are affordable for my wants as well.

He is also an extremely nice and very helpful guy, and has entertained all my questions without blowing me off.

Ickisrulz
04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
If you have never swaged before, the dies made by CH4d are an inexpensive way to get started--at least when compared to the Corbins' stuff. This way you can see if you even like it without the hugh layout of money and wait time. It looks like CH4D covers most handgun calibers.

Radio Flyer
04-27-2010, 09:14 PM
who would make me a set to make 44's?

As was posted if you want to make pistol bullets - and I am making a big guess that is what you are talking about you could get a set of CH4D dies and their very nice press.

I would get you started in swaging without waiting too long and get you started.

Al of my Corbin equipment I started buying in the mid 80's when the brothers were together in business.

I cannot say anything bad about Dave or Richard or their stuff except the long wait to get anything from them.

7of7
04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
You might want to send a pm to swageall. He has some equipment he is selling..