PDA

View Full Version : New ingot Mold

cumminsnut76
04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Just got through using my new ingot mold. Works Great!!! Got it from agrisupply. Great company and great service got it in only 3 days. They come out to right around a pound depending on how full you make them, mine averaged a pound overall. for only 5.99 plus shipping you can't go wrong with this one. Heres a link so you can see.
http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=63530&sid=&eid=

MtGun44
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Just don't roast up a few ears and eat them! ;-)

Le Loup Solitaire
04-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Really a smart and economical move. Two of them still cost less than what is being sold/charged by lyman and RCBS for 1. Using two of them in tandem would allow you to smelt 14 pounds/ingots very quickly. And lead will never stick to cast iron. if you store them be sure and get some oil mopped into them with a wadded up kleenex so that they don't rust on you. It'll burn out with next usage. LLS

Old Goat Keeper
04-06-2010, 01:35 AM
What about using mini-loaf pans or cupcake pans? They are sheet steel so are they safe?

Tom

RKJ
04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Somebody here said they were using SS condiment cups from Walmart (97 cents for a package of 4) I tried them and really like them. They weigh 1.2 llbs. each with WW and the ingots drop right out. Plus, you can't beat the cost.

Tazman1602
04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Man I wanna see a "cast boolits" ingot mold but those corn-pone molds are pretty cool!

Did you guys see that 90 gallon wash/stew pot? My wife went NUTS when she saw that!

frankenfab
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Really neat. That is 1/2 what I paid for my Lodge corn pone molds.

I saw a lot of stuff on the site I would like to have.

Thanks for the link!

44fanatic
04-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Man I wanna see a "cast boolits" ingot mold but those corn-pone molds are pretty cool!

Did you guys see that 90 gallon wash/stew pot? My wife went NUTS when she saw that!

I was just looking at it. Wonder how much lead you can smelt in it.
http://www.agrisupply.com/wash-pot-90-gallon-capacity/p/56693/cn/6000136/

Blackhawk Convertable
04-06-2010, 08:46 PM
FWIW, I use the Martha Stewart mini loaf pans. They run under $15 from K-mart and are 8 ingot capacity and anywhere from #2 to almost #4 depending on how full you get them.

swamp
04-06-2010, 11:20 PM
A friend of mine just gave me a cast iron cornbread pan he wants me to cast up some ingots in it for him. He just wants one of each mold.

The molds are different dinosaurs. If the turn out will try to post pics of them.

swamp

Le Loup Solitaire
04-07-2010, 12:18 AM
These are part of a series of cast iron molds made by the John Wright foundry. They are somewhat collectible, but reasonably priced. Many different types can be found and they include seashells, flowers, cats, kittens, bears, corn ears, cookie shapes and many other shapes. All are well made and can serve as ingot molds although they are not always readily stackable and would have to be kept in a box. They are listed under an auction by E-Bay titled John Wright or can be often found at yard sales, flea markets, etc for a few dollars or less. LLS

QuickDraw
04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I use corn bread pans as well. I found the four I have locally at flea markets, and have $13 in total for them. They work great, and you can't beat the price !!

cumminsnut76
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree the price on these is great and they are just about the right size to fit into my small propane pot a still come out right at a pound so I can keep a running total of how much lead I have.

Bill*
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Do a search here on the site....There are "cast boolits" ingot molds around

Cowboy5780
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Ive got the same corn pone one and i have one that is a cactus i use the different ones for different alloys.

Trey45
04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I went junque shoppe shopping yesterday, came home with 6 12 holer cupcake tins. Spent less money on the tins than I did on gas getting there and back..... [smilie=b:

Cowboy T
04-08-2010, 07:14 PM
12-muffin sheet metal pans do the trick for me. Get 'em at K-Mart or even better, a yard/garage sale.

Elkins45
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I picked up a new muffin tin because I couldn't find my old one. When I flipped it over the ingots wouldn't come out. I picked it up and dropped it from about a foot...and several of the cups ripped free from the sheet!

The new cheaper pans have the cups formed separately and crimped into a separately formed sheet. I suggest you either avoid them or make sure you spray them with a release agant.

kidmma
04-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I got some at a salvage warehouse.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=216&pictureid=1391

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=216&pictureid=1392

:redneck:

Wayne Smith
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I picked up a new muffin tin because I couldn't find my old one. When I flipped it over the ingots wouldn't come out. I picked it up and dropped it from about a foot...and several of the cups ripped free from the sheet!

The new cheaper pans have the cups formed separately and crimped into a separately formed sheet. I suggest you either avoid them or make sure you spray them with a release agant.

Let them rust first. Lead falls right out.

WHITETAIL
04-10-2010, 07:44 AM
When I started thats what my wife gave me.
Two corn bread moulds and a muffin mould.
All out of castiron.:Fire:

QuickDraw
04-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I went to a local flea market yesterday on my lunch break on my never ending quest for cheap things. I found a bunch of cast iron things like, muffin trays, pie shape trays, and corn cob trays. I came across one, and the dealer had it marked $49.95 !! I about had a heart attack, but I guess some of makers of these things are quite collectable.