PDA

View Full Version : Lost thread?

FAsmus
04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Gentlemen;

I started a thread awhile back called; " A two groove M1917?" and it ran along just fine for some time.

Then, today I went looking for it and it wasn't there any more. I checked my personal file on Cast Boolets and sure, it was still there.

Does anyone know why it no longer appears on the Military Rifle sub-site where it originally appeared?

Thanks for any help;
Forrest

waksupi
04-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Can you give us a link to the post? I have no idea why it may have disappeared. It may have been moved to another section for some reason.

45nut
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
right where you started it:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=77851

FAsmus
04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
45Nut;

Thanks for checking.

There seems to be something strange going on. I cannot tell if it might be my machine or what but here is what I'm seeing;

You posted PM, so I went to look at "Military Rifles" to see it too ~ it wasn't there. At least I could not find it.

Then I went to "Shooters.com" to read your post again off the regular site ~ The thread I started last night wasn't there for me to read either.

It is enough to make a fellow believe in String Theory ~ its like my messages drop off into another dimention.

Good morning,
Forrest

scb
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
FAsmas I've had the same problem too. A quick way to find something you've written is:
Go to to the top of the page.
In what I guess one would call the header where it says in my case

Welcome, scb.
You last visited: Yesterday at 08:46 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 39.

If you click on your name (right after Welcome) you will be sent to your members page.

about half way down the screen you'll see 4 tabs

About Me -- Statistics -- Friends -- Contact Info

If you click on the statistics tab you go to another page with 2 more links

one is (again in my case) --------- Find all posts by scb
the other is ------------------------ Find all threads started by scb

These help me allot when I want to go back and check on something.

FAsmus
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
SCB;

Roger that.

I've followed the same pathway and understand it

I'm wondering (on the other hand) that if I can't see the thread ~ can anyone else?

Good afternoon,
Forrest

scb
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Don't know, I wouldn't think so. I thought you were just having trouble finding it.

theperfessor
04-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Isn't there a setting that controls how far back (old) the threads are that you want to show up? I seem to remember changing that when I ran into a similar problem. Maybe the digital gremlins reset yours somehow?

theperfessor
04-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Just checked on it.

Click on "User CP"
Get to "Edit" option
Scroll down to box titled "Thread Display Options"
At the bottom of that box is a dropdown box titled "Default Thread Age Cutoff"

You can see and change things here. Maybe its been reset somehow, at least its a simple thing to check.

FAsmus
04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Professor;

Thanks - I went there and re-set the defaulted cut-off period.

I hope it works out, I'll keep checking.

Good morning,
Forrest