PDA

View Full Version : BIG GUN has passed

Fixxah
04-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Those of us who knew Eric from here and other sites have truly lost a great man. Eric passed a few weeks ago and left his family and friends with a void which can never be filled. This man spoke only the truth and said it once. Any question was always answered with fact and if it was relating to modern practices, he could use prior experience to give you an alternative.

I owe a lot to my friend that can never be repaid. He fought for my freedom and I will forever be grateful. Rest peacefully and if I can live life half the man that you were, we will meet at the greatest range of all where we will never run out of ammunition or guns to shoot.:cry:

45nut
04-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Rest in peace Eric.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?do=getinfo&u=10660

He did not post much, but was always worth a look.

P.K.
04-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Fair Skies, Big Gun....

WILCO
04-04-2010, 01:41 PM
He did not post much, but was always worth a look.

I just read a few of his posts. Knew what he was talking about. From the few that I read, I learned that he loaded shotgun, rang a gong at 300 yds with surplus ammo and a M44 carbine, didn't bother trimming straight wall pistol brass as it would crack before needing a trim, used the Lyman #311291 which drops at 170G using wheel weights and used 8mm mauser brass to make 7.7 Jap.

Yep. Truly one of the greats. Sorry to hear of his passing.
Cherish the memories brother.

Dean D.
04-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Rest in peace Big Gun. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

04-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Enjoy the big range and watch over those who miss you!