PDA

View Full Version : Which 15 + Round 1911 Magazine

missionary5155
04-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Good morning
I have a Mech Tech 45 ACP "carbine" that uses the frame of a 1911 as the trigger group. I have decided that NOW is the time to invest in some LARGE CAP magazines for the rig. So far I have found only National and Promag make or supply 15 round magazines. Are there others out there ? Are the National Brand reliable ? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated BEFORE I purchase 10 of these.

45nut
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
So far,, none of the various 15 round mags work for me,, all nose dive instead of feed. 10 rounders DO work so I stick with them. I di wish the drum they offered in the past worked, but it too was garbage and lead only to frustration. I am a fan of the mech tech system myself.

44minimum
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Ain't no way I would spend the money to buy 10 of these magazines. Especially by companies that are not known for consistent quality. And especially for magazines that are way over the capacity of what they were originally designed for. If you must however, purchase one or two of each brand and if it functions correctly, then make your decision. I am thinking you will be better off with eight or 10 round magazines.