PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever do stupid?

Beekeeper
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Boy what stupid things you can do when you try to save a minute!
Today after dinner I was out in the garage straightning up a little ( a never ending task for me ) and decided to melt some bees wax and make smaller cakes so I could use it when making small batches of lube.
Got the idea watching SHMBO make cup cakes.
Those little aluminim cups looked just about right.
Scrounged some and put them in my lead cup cake ingot mold ,heated up some scrap wax I have had for years and poured it in the molds.
Did you know those aluminum cupcake thingys are not solid?
Had wax pouring out all over the place.
Now I will have to put the ingot mold in the bbq and melt all of the wax I couldn't scrape out , out of the mold before I can use it again.
Rext time I think I will not think I have built a better mousetrap.
O... Well back to the drawing board.

Jim

montana_charlie
03-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Nope. Never done anything stupid in my life.
And, if my wife says different, well who you gonna believe...the one who was in the middle of it, or the one who only wrapped the bandages on?

CM

Ray1946
03-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Beware: You are not alone in the world! "STUPID" has reared it's ugly head for each and everyone of us..................

geargnasher
03-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Like Stephen says....................

HeavyMetal
03-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Really! Let me count the ways!

wistlepig1
03-31-2010, 12:59 AM
"stupid " sneaks up on me at least once a day, along with "Murphy"s Law"

Echo
03-31-2010, 01:22 AM
"stupid " sneaks up on me at least once a day, along with "Murphy"s Law"

WP, did you know that Murphy's Law was NOT put out by Murphy, but by another guy with the same last name?

Triggerhappy
03-31-2010, 01:36 AM
Stupid is as stupid does....

Join the club, it's a big crowd.

TH

Casting Timmy
03-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I've tried that one too! Using the muffin pans to get lube into smaller pieces. I didn't like the lube so I just threw away the muffin pan.

Just put the beswax in a bag and hit it with a hammer. You can break it up quickly and just use how much you need to make a batch. I do it to also help it melt down a little faster.

Shiloh
03-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I prefer not to share. But believe me, Done plenty of stupid things.

Shiloh

mdi
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Did you know that Nylon cake pans melt? Neither did I! and I got the scars to prove it...

Doc_Stihl
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
I never done a stupid thing that I didn't learn something from.....

3006guns
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Think about it for a moment. The word stupid usually denotes someone doing something because they just didn't know any better. We know better, so something like "brain fade (or fart)" is actually a better description. Or perhaps "momentary lapse of attention".

I've only done two "stupid" things in my life.....but my third wife is a jewel.........

Green Frog
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
You can't cure stupid, you can only try to minimize the damage it inflicts! :brokenima

Froggie

Muddy Creek Sam
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately Murphy has been living at my place for years, I blame it all on him and his stupid Law.

Sam :D

257 Shooter
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
I just hate when a great plan falls apart.....

Doc Highwall
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Sometimes I say "They are sharp like a marble" or the difference between dumb and stupid is, dumb you learn after the first time and stupid you did not learn after the second time either.

stubshaft
03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
I know for a fact the Stoopid and the Tinsel Fairy are closely related. I usually see them at the same time.

Southern Son
04-01-2010, 02:47 AM
More than a couple of lube molds have ended up in the garbage bin because I had a really great idea. Come to think of it, many of my really great ideas end up with my wife laghing at me, shaking her head at me, or bandaging me.

AriM
04-01-2010, 03:02 AM
yesterday I was mixing up a new polymerized lube....the carrier was naptha. I was using a heat gun to heat the mix (to achieve polymerization) and pre heating the boolits. Now I took into account that this concoction might explode. So I kept the batch small. Sure enough BLAMMO!! Blew up right in front of me. Sent boolits flying everywhere and actually sucked the air out of my lungs. Burned my hand, and all the hair off my arm. Stupid, maybe not. I knew the risk and was prepared for an explosion.

Here is the stupid part. I did it again today......

DLCTEX
04-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Who me? Doing something stupid? Why, what did you see?

semtav
04-01-2010, 07:40 AM
no, absolutely not !!! Unless of course you count the hight price mold I screwed up last night.
Just got it. trying to cast some bullets, but it wasn't clean enough. so i got some acetone and a toothbrush and went to cleaning. All was going well until I noticed the bristles were getting shorter.

Oh cr@p, a hot mold and plastic brush bristles don't mix.

:killingpc

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
"STUPID"???????? not me, dat would go along with "BEING WRONG" and at the moment I can't recall that happen'in.

Oh yes, there was that one time it appeared as if I might have been wrong but wasn't!

Or was I?:veryconfu

Ain't Ol'Age great![smilie=l:

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Doc Highwall
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Edubya
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
My dad use to forgive me for my mistakes by saying; "If a fella never makes a mistake it's because he's never done anything." I add to this; "Keep making mistakes."
EW

Doc Highwall
04-01-2010, 11:01 PM
If I recall somebody here said the definition of an expert was somebody that made a lot of mistakes in a very narrow field. What do you call it if you make a lot of mistakes in a lot of fields?

wallenba
04-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Last week I began lubrisizing some 30 cal cast boolits. I tried three times but could not get the gas check to stay on. Then I remembered the new mold was not a GC boolit. It was late, I was tired, I went to bed.

Daddyfixit
04-01-2010, 11:53 PM
WP, did you know that Murphy's Law was NOT put out by Murphy, but by another guy with the same last name?

Yang's law..Murphy was an optimist!

RP
04-01-2010, 11:59 PM
i did something stuiped one time over and over now i got two kids so the stupied thing maybe was not that stuiped not sure sometime the stuiped thing goes from greatest thing to dummest thing depending on whats going on.