PDA

View Full Version : Know what I want?

dk17hmr
07-09-2006, 08:05 PM
I want something but not sure where to find one.... a .177 mold for my pellet gun.

Anyone have one or know were a guy could get one. If I could get a hold of one that would be awesome.

DK

Johnch
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
A freind has or had a Corbin swage set up for 22 cal air gun pellets .
I beleive Corbin has a .177 set up also

Not a mould , but you still make them from lead LOL :castmine:

have fun

Johnch

waksupi
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Uh-oh.

AnthonyB
07-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Pammy? Pammy, can you hear me?
I wish I had bought one, just so I could sell it.
Tony

Oldfeller
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
I got one left, the original Pammy mold run, still here even after all the folks from Mexico tried to buy up all the ones off the list so they could punch them little .177 holes in their local overgrown garden eating armadillo's leather armor.

(Mexican citizens are limited to only owning air guns and if they want to hunt their favorite local small game they need some special help in the penetration department. Hector Medina ran this mold for two more runs as I remember, maybe he still has a few left if he is still around).

Pammy pellets are truely multipurpose, fired facing forward they are guaranteed to tumble upon striking air or meat, thus maximizing the energy transfer to the game animal. No zipping straight through a game animal with a tiny amount of minimum tissue damage with a heavy Pammy pellet, when a Pammy whaps them with that stiff tip facing forward they really feel it, 'cause she broadsides them. She sticks it in and twists it sideways -- she rarely exits anything bigger than a purple martin when fired forwards.

The Mexicans prefer to use them loaded backwards with the boat tail facing the game -- they say the balance between mass, penetration and meplat splash killing power is perfect for killing them big armadillos. Our own list members firing the heavy cast pellet in American magnum airguns do report that the best pure target accuracy for the heavy pellet IS found using the Mexican loading method. When fired backwards, Pammy does NOT tumble -- she bores straight in making a deep hollow tube of destruction.

One Pammy mold left -- same price as when we ran the mold deal plus shipping and collector's bonus $27.50

<g>

Oldfeller

dk17hmr
07-09-2006, 10:25 PM
What grain are said "Pammy Pellets" and how do I get a hold of one?

I bet I could pay for it in no time selling pellets to my friends.....lol

DK

Oldfeller
07-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I'd never recommend selling reloading components to your friends -- friends and selling stuff rarely mix very well. Plus, if this is a commercial endeavor I should have charged you more for the mold (but having given out a price I wouldn't do that). $27.50 is the price. PM me for contact information if you want the mold.

Why would you take a collectors item and try to cast "money pellets" with it anyway? Pammys are big and heavy and they shoot slower than a standard pellet by a good bit -- it takes a magnum air gun to get them to work at all.

Pammys weigh 1.48 grams (22.8 grains) and operate by engraving the front and rear raised band areas upon loading. They get excellent rifling engraving and pressure sealing when cast water dropped out of WW metal which is what they were designed to be cast out of. Your thumb does all the engraving effort when you load the pellet in the barrel (a pellet seater is a good idea for Pammy as it is absolutely consistent for best accuracy) so all the piston air pressure does is boost her on up in velocity.

Pammys really do shoot better when loaded backwards and they really do work better using the boat-tail as a killing meplat.

They DO require lubrication with the same anti-dieseling silicone based oil you use to lube your adult air rifle piston with.

http://photos.gunloads.com/images/Oldfeller/pammy.jpg

dk17hmr
07-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Dang near 23gr's eh....might bit heavy for my rifle only shoots 400fps with those heavy game getters that are like 10.5grs, and thats more of the grain I was thinkin when you said they were heavy.

Anyone know of a mold that will throw something in the 8-10gr range?

P.S. I wasnt looking for something to make money off of, my buddies and I shoot alot of pellets, small game and targets.

DK

Oldfeller
07-10-2006, 12:12 AM
You are interested in more of the Brittany weight class of cast pellets then.

Smart man, I always said a lighter pellet at a higher velocity would spin stabilize and would work better in more classes of air guns. But the guys on the group buy disagreed, they wanted a massive big one for their hyper guns, not a pert cute smaller one for the run of the mill type air guns.

Too bad, we never did get around to making a mold run of the lighter shorter Brittany molds -- Pammy used up all our group pellet making "juice" and the only lasting interest (Hector's repeat runs) was in the heavy armadillo armor punchers anyway.

In the end, it was always simpler and easier to buy pellets than make them anyway. That's why pellet molds are now just mold collector "specialty" items when you get down to it.

Oldfeller

Bucks Owin
07-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey DK,

What kinda "small game" can you kill with only 400 fps?
Sounds like what you need is an "adult" air rifle first, THEN worry about the ammo...

Personally, I like the looks of the Winnie 1,000 fps model....(I think they're about $129 or so)

FWIW,

Dennis

BTW Oldfeller, those are nice looking pellets! Would 1,000 fps qualify as a "magnum" air rifle? I might just be interested in that mold myself! :D

Buckshot
07-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Uh-oh.

.............Heh, heh :-) Me too.

.................Buckshot

dk17hmr
07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Red Squirrels at close range 10 yards or so and birds.

Accuracy over velocity....lol
Headshots on a red squirrel kills fast. I have even shot a few fox squirrels in the head at close range with my pellet rifle and killed them. I shot brown cowbirds in the back yard and some doves once in a while with it as well. I have these hollow point 10.5gr pellets and have taken alot of doves with them out to 30 yards, mostly all one shot kills.

DK

Oldfeller
07-10-2006, 07:35 PM
DK, you kinda missed out on the some of the secrets hiding behind the Pammy design -- especially for the bottle gun guys with the long custom 10 twist rate tubes they had ordered to go along with the pellet.

Pammy, when launched fast with full pressure shots out of a 10 twist rate bottle type gun would sail through a deer's skull at 100 yards (or yours for that matter, but nobody would ever say that out loud for fear of the then resident preacher's wife's rolling pin banging down on their noggin. Heck, she didn't even want us to put silicone oil a pellet with a name like Pamula Anderson. And the thought of a pert young Brittany pellet spinning around and around all fast-like, that drove her plumb crazy).

Next secret was the minor body diameter on both the Pammy and the Brittany designs -- the raised bands would seal an air gun, but the body diameter was sized to be a land top rider on a .17 caliber center fire rifle's land tops. Put a magnum small rifle primer in an empty case, push the pellet into the unsized fired case mouth (it would go in with thumb pressure) and every center fire .17 caliber scoped rifle out there became a "super quiet" accurate long range secret kitty cat killer (2 liter sized pop bottle was optional, of course).

Of course we were a more unruly group back then, almost barely civilized sometimes.

Ric, for example, used to go over and bait Veral with questions he couldn't answer just so as go get ol' Greybeard all riled up again. And I won't even get into good 'ol Jumptrap's shenangins.

Me, I always behaved ....

<g>

Oldfeller

PS -- last thing I shot with a pellet rifle was a body shot on a bunny rabbit at 80 yards. He kicked his hind legs real big just once, then he crawled about five feet and was dead when I walked up to him. We was designing them LONG DISTANCE high BC solid bodied pellets for a reason, you know.

waksupi
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Oldfeller, I never baited Veral. I only approached him with questions that needed clarification.
But, I did screw with Greybeard.... Must be why I got banned. Twice. Or, was it three times?

twotrees
07-11-2006, 07:25 AM
waksupi,

You got banned too,huh? [smilie=1: You and about 1/2 the folks that posted over there. I have been to his house and he ain't no better in person either. Crusty O.F.

When he tried to tell a guy that was holding a shoot, on his own property, who could and couldn't come, all H3ll broke loose over there. I know cause I was the cause of it.:twisted:

Let him RIP cause all he does is shoot himself in the foot, if he can hit that, Hehehehehehehehe.:roll:

Good Shooting,

TwoTrees

BTW he don't like Cast Boolits in Rifles either, so that says a bunch about him.:castmine:

Oldfeller
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Hee hee, thought I would get a rise out of Ric with that one.

Yup, he got booted, for asking nicely politely worded normal questions that Greybeard felt like Veral shouldn't have to try to answer. I was the one planning to ask Veral all the hard nasty questions about the Swede (the ones nobody knew the answers to at that point in time) -- but that was NOT unusual behavior for the old Shooter's group.

Shooters got started with the ejecta from the old CBA list and used to go recruit members from that list (the only cast bullet game in town). I was recruited even before I got kicked off that august listing -- Jump, was it you or was it Aladin that told me about Shooters? Most of the other old timers remember ol' Charles pretty well ... he didn't take to conversation very well.

Anyhow, we have grown MUCH larger now and are much better behaved.

How much bigger? I was talking on a solar thread with Joe and Felix last night and it was on PAGE 7 now on the Today listing (one night later). I actually had to use the SEARCH feature to try to find this one again -- it wasn't worth the effort to chase it mechanically.

Chatting on the list is like going to a crowed sports bar to talk with your buddies -- its getting harder to do.

Jumptrap
07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Kelly,

I don't remember....that was too far back! Charles the Nazi....is that rectum still alive? HAR!

As for Graybeard.....that Leech was a visitor in my home and I finally sent him on his way. One of the sorriest pieces of living human dung I ever came across...except for my neighbor...hehehehe!

georgeld
07-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Sure sounds like I've missed out on a long of fun antagonizing people!

George

PatMarlin
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
I got booted from GB's for sticken' up for the kid WheelChair Bandit.. Ha, ha!

The fat bearded dumb ****.. :roll:

cherok9878
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
How bout some "FUN", apply under new monickers(name) and bring up old questions. See if GB has a good memory.

fiberoptik
08-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Sooo, how many pellets does this mould make? 1/2/6/??