PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the ratchet in the Lee classic Turret press?

Bkid
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I was wondering how to change the plastic ratchet inside the shell holder clamp? I know you have to remove the adjusting screw and open it up. I am just not sure how it goes back in since there is not much left on mine. Thank you.

dabsond
03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Remove the adjusting screw and look at the orientation of the ratchet. I ordered a couple extra from Lee's web page just to have on hand. Once you slide the old one off, slide the new one on in the same manner. Close the clamshell (my term) around the ratchet. You might have to move it a little to get it to fit. Once that is done give it a try.

burfurd
03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Took this from another post in this forum 'Lee 4 hole turret owners".

Replacing the ratchet

Should you ever need to replace the ratchet -- place the flange in the down position (flange = smallest square, place smallest square down and largest square up) and reattach the nylon housing making sure that you do not over-tighten the screw as you can strip out the threads. After reassembly adjust the indexing as per Lee’s instructions in their instructions or see view this link.

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/Hel...justment-1.wmv

Hope this helps.....burfurd [smilie=w:

Bkid
03-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Took this from another post in this forum 'Lee 4 hole turret owners".

Replacing the ratchet

Should you ever need to replace the ratchet -- place the flange in the down position (flange = smallest square, place smallest square down and largest square up) and reattach the nylon housing making sure that you do not over-tighten the screw as you can strip out the threads. After reassembly adjust the indexing as per Lee’s instructions in their instructions or see view this link.

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/Hel...justment-1.wmv

Hope this helps.....burfurd [smilie=w:

Thank you for the help. That link is missing. Thank you anyways for the help.

Bkid
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Remove the adjusting screw and look at the orientation of the ratchet. I ordered a couple extra from Lee's web page just to have on hand. Once you slide the old one off, slide the new one on in the same manner. Close the clamshell (my term) around the ratchet. You might have to move it a little to get it to fit. Once that is done give it a try.

Thank you sounds good. I hope it works when I get the parts again.

prs
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Somebody asked earlier today about how to orient the square ratchet part and I said I would look tonight. I did and the above is correct, the smaller flange is down.

prs

Bkid
03-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys,I called Lee today and they said the same thing.

Bkid
03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
I got the parts and ,I am back in action. Thank you all who helped me out.