PDA

View Full Version : S&W 32 Hand Ejector 3rd model

scrapcan
03-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Just picked one of these up. I have been looking for a very long time for a S&W made 32 S&W Long revolver.

It is in good shape other than loss of blueing and a few parts missing. Serial is 4138XX. 5 screw. 3.25 barrel. non factory stocks.

I need an ejector rod collar and an ejector rod spring.

Anyone know if j frame parts will fit this little i frame? I have some inquiries out for replacement parts but it is not looing promisign so far.

I will get some pictures up when I get it clean and put together.

Zim
03-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Good little guns. We have 2. The I frames are smaller than the J-frames, so no, doubt the parts will interchange. Have you checked numerich for parts?

Other option is to find a donor gun. They are still around and might be able to put one working gun from 2. Call around to some gun stores and ask for the smiths.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ - just searched quickly and did not find anything

Multigunner
03-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Just picked one of these up. I have been looking for a very long time for a S&W made 32 S&W Long revolver.

It is in good shape other than loss of blueing and a few parts missing. Serial is 4138XX. 5 screw. 3.25 barrel. non factory stocks.

I need an ejector rod collar and an ejector rod spring.

Anyone know if j frame parts will fit this little i frame? I have some inquiries out for replacement parts but it is not looing promisign so far.

I will get some pictures up when I get it clean and put together.

Great little guns, mine was made in the 1920's if I got the numbers right.

One thing to remember s that some of these, mine included are built with the pre WW1 hammer block that relies on ts integral spring to shift it in front of the hammer if the trigger isn't all the way back. After a publized accident in which a British Officer was killed by an AD when trying to clean a .455 Hand Ejector that had belonged to a fallen comrade and which he'd retreived from no mans land days afterwards, S&W redesigned the hammer block to the type more commonly encountered.
Older pistols could be refitted with the newer block by replacing the sideplate. I think mine was a matter of using up old stock parts.

I don't think most J frame parts interchange, but perhaps early Kitgun ejector parts would work.

scrapcan
03-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I have heard from Dave at oldwestgunsmith. I sounds like he may have parts.

I should know in a day or so.

machinisttx
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
The S&W forum is a good bet... http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

scrapcan
03-29-2010, 01:23 PM
machinisttx,

Been there, have been a member for quite some time. I tracked down 4 places for parts and one came through. I will send payment and order out today.

I always ask here also as I have had great luck with the knowledge on the board.

9.3X62AL
03-29-2010, 02:03 PM
AWRIGHT, good to hear! Those little rollers are gems, for sure--and the 32 S&W Long is a fine small game and varmint caliber. Add in that the caliber is both miserly in its use of powder and lead and very accurate, and what's not to like?

scrapcan
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Al,
I have had a great affair witht he 32 much like you have noted in previous threads.

I have a colt police positive and have wanted a smith due the much easier nature of tuning the action (playing with the colt v spring scares meas I may not find a replacement easily).

I am having shivers having to wait for the parts to arrive.

dubber123
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I too just bought another .32 HE. I'm getting impatient waiting for it to get here..