PDA

View Full Version : Spent primers-old Lyman Turrets

Franklin Zeman
03-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Have to be a few of those around yet. Have not seen, but this may be a repeat. You can make an effective primer catcher from 1&1/2 inch plastic pipe. Cut off about an inch and a half length. Cut a slot for a snug fitting to the primer arm holder. That will be in the 3/4 inch range. Cut so the sides of the slot are paralell to each other. Check to see if springing the pipe will keep itself in place. Cover the bottom with something like thin cardboard and tape it in place. It helps to tip the outside up a bit to catch the bouncers that hit the primer arm holder. Sure saves picking them up off the floor.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks for sharing your work. There are a lot of Lyman and other turrets still round; I have a real old Lyman O Mag that has no Primer scoop...not that the original was anything to write home about anyway. Using a couple of your ideas I'll work on something for my press. Thanx again for kicking in with what you did; It'll help others on the forum as well. LLS

dolang1
04-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I got this advise from someone on this board. Sorry I can't give credit where credit is due as it has been a couple of years. Tie women's hose to the bottom of the Lyman All American. I used a zip tie to hold it in place. Whenever the bag gets full, cut it off and tie a knot in the end. Works great. Later Don