PDA

View Full Version : What is the diffrerence?

saz
03-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between (if any) a standard Hornady gas check and a Gator gas check? I have 2 GC molds that I need to get checks for, and if the gator checks that Blammer sells will work ok then Ill go with that, because $45/box seems a little steep; maybe im wrong....... BTW the 2 GC molds I have are both Lee, the 310 .430, and the 300 .452 if that matters.

Also, is it ok to run some alox inside the push through die to size and seat the check, then pan lube? Or am I missing something here too?

Blammer
03-26-2010, 11:20 PM
gator checks are better quality. yea I'm biased. If you are not happy with the gator checks I'll refund your money less shipping back, I'm that confident you'll like them.

mould shouldn't matter for the GC's.

yea use the alox to seat check then panlube should be fine.

shotman
03-27-2010, 01:06 AM
well here is a deal none you can pass on. Ihave no connection to gator. just use the product. ask for a sample it ony takes 5 to let you see the difference.
you wont find them in the snow 20 feet away. they will be with the boolet. they dont tarnish in the years I have used them. once through the die try to get one off. thats why they have a name like GATOR. AND BEST OF ALL THEY ARE AT OR LESS THAN THE OTHER BRAND
rick /shotman

stubshaft
03-27-2010, 01:10 AM
I won't use nything but Gator checks. Their quality is superior to Hornady in every way.

NO, this is not a paid announcement! just the facts.