PDA

View Full Version : Seating PP Bullets

RMulhern
03-26-2010, 03:16 PM
I have always seated my PP bullets into the mouth of the case by hand but I have discovered what I think is a better way. I've always used a Meacham Inline Seating tool to seat GG bullets....which I seldom shoot these days....and it recently hit me like the proverbial 'ton of bricks' that this tool might be good for seating PP bullets also. I tried it today and it works like a champ! Using a 22 degree chamfer tool on the mouth of the case helps with any alignment problem with the bullet going into the case correctly and when the charged case is run up against the guide sleeve...I just insert the patched bullet measuring .4495" to .4500" into the slot and then the bullet is seating into the case with the continuing downward stroke of the press handle!! Paper does not tear and alignment is perfect. This photo shows a 'greaser' in the guide slot but the PP works just as well here!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...ter/13f6-2.jpg

Southern Son
03-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Rick,
I tried the link and only got the "This image has been moved or deleted"....

badgeredd
03-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Rick,
I tried the link and only got the "This image has been moved or deleted"....

Me too. Great idea Rick, but the link isn't working right. A picture is worth a thousand words, I hear.

Edd

Red River Rick
03-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Here's the link from Mr. M's other thread...................this one works.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Sharps110/Meacham%20Inline%20Seater/13f6-2.jpg

RRR

RMulhern
03-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Don't know why that Link didn't work fellas! Part of the problem is that photobucket is constantly changing and 'dickin around with' their site! They don't seem to be satisfied that what they had worked OK; they had to 'dick it up'!!

:killingpc[smilie=b::killingpc

montana_charlie
03-27-2010, 10:34 PM
The link didn't work because this much...
7/Sharps110/Meacham%20Inline%20Sea is missing out of the middle of it.

Have you abandoned the thread over in the BP PP forum, Rick?
CM

RMulhern
03-28-2010, 12:10 AM
The link didn't work because this much...
7/Sharps110/Meacham%20Inline%20Sea is missing out of the middle of it.

Have you abandoned the thread over in the BP PP forum, Rick?
CM

CM

Have not!