PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Hill

Sarg
03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
So I have had my walnut hill press for about 4 months now and just got it out and mounted due to not having any dies. The main reason was I had some .311 bullets that I wanted to size down to .308. With a 3' cheater on my HDY 50 BMG Press it still took me hanging on the end of the bar for some of these (steel jacketed steel cored). So I swaped it over to the WH ..... WOW what a difference ... I could literally push them through the sizing die with my pinky now. The amount of power that press puts out is CRAZY. I moved the pin to reloading position and it still had a nice amount of power. When I moved it back ... it seems like it was a 10 fold increase.

The fit and finish is beautiful .... I think I had my name down for about six months before it showed up. I sorta forgot I put my name on the list for it. Worth every penny. Highly recommended.

Sarg

AF FAL
03-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Ah, nice feedback. I only recently started looking into swaging, and have been really thinking about the Walnut Hill press myself. Guess I'll add another "X" to the plus column in favor of it.

Had a chance to shoot the .311 to .308 bullets yet?

ANeat
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
The only bad thing about that Walnut Hill is waiting to get one. ;) I havent heard anything but priase from the folks that have them.

Hopefully the swage guys will get caught up to where the wait is a little more reasonable.

wonderwolf
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
And it has room for the 50-140 (3 1/4") WOOT!!!!!....RCBS Rock chucker is a really tiiiight fit with a 500gr bullet and a case trying to seat a bullet.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/wonderwolf223/Reloading%20bench/loading%20bench/DSC01546.jpg (http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/wonderwolf223/Reloading%20bench/loading%20bench/?action=view&current=DSC01546.jpg)

Sarg
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh yea!!! Fit and finish is amazing and the amount of power it generates is astounding. I can't see how anyone wouldn't absolutely fall in love with it. I have to be careful with it though ... I have actually crushed a couple of punches with it already. I spend yesterday making some replacements out of tool steel and titanium rod that I had laying around.

Advice on ordering ... order then forget you ever did. Find a new hobby for 6 months or so. It is worth the wait though. I am contemplating getting on the list for a second or possibly a third. That way I can set up each die and not have to adjust ... then have an extra for "odd" jobs. The price is just too good to pass up.

Sarg

Dframe
03-25-2010, 11:40 AM
My Sea Girt took 9 months and still no dies. Beautiful piece of equipment though.

wonderwolf
03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I just made some extra punch holders out of all thread...really easy to do and better than $45 for each punch holder I think it was.