PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions for grips

shooter37
03-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Love my new Lipsey Ruger 44 but the grips are pure UGLY.
Anybody got some suggestions for replacements that fit well and look sharp.
Would really appreciate pix and/or links.
Thanks
Al

Leadforbrains
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.clccustomgrips.com/

leftiye
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I made a set for a friend's LS. They were fuller, but still the same length. The Lipsey grips are way too short and hurt his hand with both the stock checkered plastic and the custom wood ones. Am in the process of making a second set which are as long as the standard Blackhawg grips. (and fill in behind the knucklebuster)

shooter37
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the info: those custom grips are impressive..

EDK
03-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Look at what the custom guys offer. Having a flat bottom on the grip rather than the bevel will help a lot. CLC or klamath river wood works have some nice items and good choice of materiels.

My choice in off the shelf is EAGLE GRIPS Gunfighter model. A little slimmer than factory and some subtle contouring. Only ones I can use with the X3-RED grip frame on my 22 SUPER SINGLE SIX and standard grip frame VAQUEROS.

My real preferrence is a HUNTER grip frame...tied with the BISLEY for comfort on my Original Size VAQUEROS in 357 and 44. Put a set of Gunfighters...or custom stag or ? on that grip frame and I'm looking good.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

vica
03-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I've been looking online for grips for a Ruger Old Army, but very few manufacturers list this model. Are they identical to another model? Can anyone help with a suppliers name etc.
many thanks
vica

EDK
03-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I've been looking online for grips for a Ruger Old Army, but very few manufacturers list this model. Are they identical to another model? Can anyone help with a suppliers name etc.
many thanks
vica

Your OLD ARMY has the XR3-RED grip frame...any grips for the New Model BLACK HAWK should fit. Some of the newer BLACK HAWKS (same size as the original 357s...pre-New Model) have XR-3 grip frames, which are smaller.

:redneck: :cbpour: :Fire: