PDA

View Full Version : I've found the key

quickshot
07-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Well I think I've stumbled on to something!! All the tire shops in my area seem to have deals with local scrappers, that is untill I showed up with a pocket of 1/8 to 2oz fishing weights! All the sudden now Me and my buddy have become the scrappers. Aparantly there are a lot more fisherman around here than I thought. In the past month we seem to have lined up about 8 or more sources and aquired 13 buckets of wheel weights!! I can't smelt them fast enough!!! I built a box that is 30"x20"x36" tall and already have it half full with mini muffen ingots!! I still have at least 6 more buckets left to process (that doesn't include stick-ons). Me thinks that I will be very busy this weekend!! You guys might try and cast a few fishing weights and take them with you for bartering. You might be surprised as to what you get!

Quickshot

LET-CA
07-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Great idea. I had planned on pizza, until a local gentleman just offered me all his surplus lead that he's held on to since he stopped casting several years back. I am inheriting around 700 lbs of ingots (lyman #2) and quite a bit of pure tin that he was given at a navy yard years ago. I've just started casting and was surprised at how fast you can empty a 20 lb furnace. I'm starting to understand why some guys keep a thousand pounds around. Fortunately it isn't bulky!