PDA

View Full Version : Scout mount for an Ishapore 2A?

Otony
03-22-2010, 11:51 PM
I will be picking up a very nice Ishapore 2A 7.62 Nato rifle in a few weeks (it is on lay-awake). Just wondering if anyone knows of a mount available to replace the existing rear sight, scout style.

Or does one of our members here parhaps make such a sight? hint-hint! [smilie=s:

dualsport
03-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Don't know about the scout mount, but I tried one of those clamp on regular scope mounts. Can't remember the brand, but it's the one big company that makes 'em for everything. Won't stay put, almost impossible to get lined up true with the bore. I'm going to have my gunsmith give it a go when I can, maybe he can get it on straight and make it stay put. A normal scope would be great on that gun, just don't want to mess it up. I've tried scout scopes and they drive me crazy, head position is critical or no picture. EDIT; B-SQUARE, it came to me.

cheese1566
03-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Be careful when getting a regular scope mount for it, the Ishapore 2A's are slightly different in the receiver area so sometimes a regular Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 mount won't work.

I have no idea about the B-Squares, but the Advanced Tech ones have a difference.
http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-27-303-enfield-no-1-mk-3-scope-mount.aspx

If you find a scout style that works decent, give me a holler! I would be interested in one too.

I am leaning towards docone1's advice and putting a Williams peep sight on the rear receiver. I can live with one hole added to the gun.

Otony
03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I know that the B-Square mount is a real pain in the posterior to install correctly, gotta hold your tongue just so through the whole process, and if I recall correctly, we needed to shim it as well. Getting it lined up took about two hours.

I didn't really trust the mount, but it was for a friend's SMLE. BTW, it was not a Scout style mount, but more or less conventional. Screwed onto the side of the receiver using existing holes. I have heard the the S&K conventional mount fares about as well.

Having bad mouthed both B-Square and S&K, I did see that S&K makes a Scout mount that will fit my rifle. The Advanced Tech is not a Scout mount either, so I will have to pass on it as I am a lefty, and do the "reach over", so the Scout style doesn't get in the way.

Keep the suggestions coming guys, all are much appreciated.....

HABCAN
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
IF you can live with a conventional mount, I'd recommend the S&K highly: we have two of them here on #4's and they have functioned perfectly. Just be sure to blue-locktite the mounting screws!