PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Customer service

knifemaker
03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
About 14 years ago I bought a Dillon 550 progressive press set up to load 45 ACP. 8 years ago a friend gave me his Dillon change over kit and dies for loading the 44 mag. as he no longer loaded that caliber and I wanted to load 44 mag. for a Marlin rifle and S&W revolver. The change over kit was purchased by my friend at about the same time I purchased my Dillon reloader. Dillon was informed where I had received the change over kit.

This year I bought a Lipsey special Ruger Blackhawk in 44 Special thinking I could load it in the Dillon as Dillon advertises the dies for both 44 mag and 44 spec. I found out that I could not adjust the powder die where it would bell the case of the 44 special so i could seat my cast bullets without shaving off lead on the sides,

I contacted Dillon via e mail and received a fast reply back that either the powder collar was damaged or my powder funnel die was too short. I examined the collar and it was fine. The powder die was measured at 4.250 inches and I informed Dillon.

They replied back that their current powder die lenght is 4.490 and that was my problem. They asked for my mailing address. The next day I received another e mail from them that they had shipped me a new powder die at no cost to me, even though I offered to buy the powder die so I could reload both 44 calibers.

I now am a firm believer that Dillon means it when they advertise a " No B. S. warranty" on their products. I will repay them by being a loyal customer and buy that second powder funnel kit so I can complete caliber change over in about 5 minutes.
That Dillon has probably reloaded close to 30,000 rounds of pistol ammo in the past 14 years and not a broken part yet. It is reliable enought that I load mine and my son's match ammo on it , great accuracy, and our practice ammo as well.

Shiloh
03-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Dillon is among the best at Customer Service. They have been right there anytime I had a problem.

Shiloh

Pitmaster
03-25-2010, 06:40 AM
I bought a brand new used Dillon that the original owner purchased in 1993 and never used it. I sent it in for a rebuild. The press was updated and I have had a couple of parts break, called them, and parts arrived within days each time. I have bought 3 used Dillon presses and received the same customer warranty service as if I had bought a new press.

While the prices may be higher its a matter of being penny wise and pound foolish. Dillon is the only way to go for me.

giddyupgo55
03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Just called them yesterday about my primer seat on my 650 going bad no questions asked new one on the way. When it comes to service they are at the top along with a couple other outfits I deal with.

Southern Son
03-26-2010, 06:03 AM
It isn't just their presses. I had one of the original Dillon D-Terminator Electronic Scales. I had used it for more than 4 years. One day it stopped working (just wouldn't turn on). I took it to the gunshop where I bought it and they said they would look into getting it fixed for me. I said that if it was going to cost to much, don't bother. They called me back about a week later and said come and get it. A brand new, current D-Terminator. That was about 6 years ago. I am still using that scale. I have had a 550 for about 16 years and it has never missed a beat loading rifle and handgun ammo. With what I have got out of the Dillon stuff I have now, when I need something new, I look to see if Dillon make whatever I am looking for and if it is available. Like someone else said, you may pay a little mnore for it, but if it goes south, they will do anything to help you and fix the problem.

Master Mariner
03-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Amen ! My 650 is built like an Abrams A1 and the customer service matches its' quality. I also have a Hornady Apex 3.1 that is over 15 years old and is still giving perfect shells. The people at Hornady are just as caring as those at Dillon. It would be a delight if all companies were as good to deal with as are the gun-related ones.