PDA

View Full Version : Bad eyes and front sights

ohshooter
03-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Has anybody come up with a good way of changing Ruger Blackhawk front sights to fiber optic?? I have not found anything in catologs. I'm a fan of Blackhawks but am having more and more trouble with the sights as I get older. I just can't seem to get off quick shots, I spend too much time acquring the front sight.

Trey45
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Hire a gunsmith to sweat off the silver solder and swap out the front sight for a fiber optic one.

Shooter6br
03-26-2010, 09:33 PM
I beleive the site "The Frugal outdoorsman" has a do it yourself article

Old Goat Keeper
03-26-2010, 11:49 PM
I beleive the site "The Frugal outdoorsman" has a do it yourself article

Ayup Junior, who is a member of this forum, does have several articles on his site about better sights for us "older" guys. The net addy is www.castbullet.com.

Tom

ohshooter
03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys that's what I was looking for. If you can't find it in a catolog make it yourself. I have the fiber optics rods ordered but the site for the ghost ring won't take an order right now. I am suprised that JB holds up good enough.

wellfedirishman
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Try bright nail polish (e.g., bright orange). You can get it for $2 at Walmart. It makes a big difference and is almost as bright as fiber optic. I use orange on the front and green on the rear sight.