PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon Question for Glock 21

Daryl
03-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I have the Glock 21 with a set of Trijicon tritium sights. They are dated 1995. They are about 1/2 as bright as my G30 factory sights that is a couple years old.

I called Trijicon today and I can send the slide in and they will replace the inserts and ship back for $54.

I see new sights are in the $80 range and I'd probably need to get a sight installation tool --

I use the G21 for practice during the day; but want it available at night "just in case".

I want a durable sight that I won't have to worry about and will take use. I'll probably shoot several thousand rounds a year at least through it. The current sights are slow to use during the day. They are right on and accurate, but not easy to see.

Suggestions?

Thanks

P.K.
03-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I had trigicon's on a P-95 years ago, but with the advent of small affordable lasers I have gone to Crimson Trace for sights. IMHO it's going to be the one who can get off the quickes most accurate shot in those "just in case" situations.

P.K.
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Depending on wheather or not you are going to use this weapon as a CCW or not you can get a small laser from Cheaper Than Dirt.com for around $80.00. Provided you have a GEN II frame.

Marine Sgt 2111
03-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I've had Crimson Trace grips on my GC for over 10years now and am sold on them completely. When I was deployed to Iraq, the Marine Corps also uses Crimson Trace grips on those useless 9mm for those quiet moments in the dark.

Groo
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Groo here
I used night sights on autos for years [ too much flash in my revolvers for them]
BUT if they are easy to see at dusk, they will blind you at full dark, if good night you can't see
them at dusk.. suggest a good light pipe [fiber] sight-a laser- a flashlight best all three

paul45120
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I just put a set of TRU GLO tritrum fiberoptic sights on my 21. I like them. Very easy to see no matter the lighting conditions. Sunny, cloudy, dusk or night the brightness is always the same.

Edubya
03-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I have the Trijicon tritium sights on my 2 year old XD and everyone that has shot it loves it. I have the Crimson Trace on my S&W 642. The CT is not meant for daytime use. The tritium sights are good for all occasions, IMHO.
EW

HeavyMetal
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Never been a fan of Night sights.

Not looking to start a hassle just printing what I think about this subject.

"Your not supposed to shoot at anything you can not identify"! Is this not one of the "Golden Rules" we were taught, and teach our kids, when we got our first rifle or pistol?

With that in mind if you need a glow in the dark sight set up to see the gun at the end of your arm how do you tell what you are shooting at?

Surprised I haven't seen more lawsuits concerning the subject.

Lasers are good for the first, stealth, shot but after that recoil moves that "dot" around so fast you can't find it for a fast repeat shot!

I see these as "crutch's" plain and simple. Save your money on the glow sights and lasers and buy a real good flash light and several thousand rounds of ammo.

Then go out in the sticks at night and actually practise shooting with the flash light!

Bottom line is "Terminal Gadgetitus" will not get it done in the dark, practise will.

While I'm on my "Soap Box" these toys come under the same heading as Hi Cap semi auto pistols. Here's my rule on those:

Magazine Capacity is not a Substitute for Marksmenship!

I have a couple Hi Cap guns so I have nothing against them just the idea that more is better.

Posting this as food for thought.