PDA

View Full Version : Ultradot Pan AV

crabo
03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.ultradotwest.com/ultradot_2008_008.htm

Anyone have one of these? I am building a "speed gun" 10/22 and it looks like it might be just the thing I need. It has an adjustable brightness control, which a lot of others do not.

Thanks,

82nd airborne
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
it says paralax adjusted, but id want to see one first. ive never seen one on that body that was trully paralax free, which is important to me in a red dot. after having an aimpoint, and using an eotech and burris fast fire, i would never pay for a red dot that wasnt truly paralax free. if your going for a lightweight gun, i would seriously go for the burris fast fire II, i have used one quite a bit on two different guns and they are supurb little red dots, with easy dot aquisition and weigh only two ounces. however, they have no manual brightness control, but the auto brightness control is pretty dang good and they are about the same price. the aimpoint and eotech are heavier but awsome quality, but the price is also heavier. i pretty much just rambled and didnt help any, but id definately want to handle it first before dropping enough money on one to buy another 22.

HeavyMetal
07-05-2010, 12:28 AM
I have two of those on guns I own and a third on a Mark I I just finished for my BIL

Not the same maker's name mind you but the same design and choice of recticle.

So far all three are mounted on Mark I or II's and so far absoluetely no complaints.

I like the price, under $70 retail, the adjustable brightness and the four choices of recticle.

For a 22 pistol I don't see how you could go wrong. Now if I move into a bigger bore I think I might find out if my idea of shock proof is the same as the makers!

Still I'm not going to go out and buy one just for a destruction test however someday I will own a 45-70 barrel for my Contender Then I will find out what these will take!

crabo
07-05-2010, 12:44 AM
I bought one, I just haven't finished the 10/22 I'm putting it on.

82nd airborne
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
how did the paralax end up? if it was completely free of paralax, you got a good deal id say. keep us updated, im interested in your results,
aaron