PDA

View Full Version : C&H Swagomatic

damron g
03-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I just got a Swag-o-matic from a friends uncles estate.It had full setups for .454 and .358 .It also has a set for .44,but is missing the ejector rod.It had nose forms also for .308,but is missing the die body and ejector.Each caliber has multiple nose form pins.it also has the C&H core cutter that bolts to the bench. All i ever did with it was reform a few soft cast bullets to see if it worked.I took some .451 dia ACP bullets and bumped them up to .454 with a dimple HP and it shot very well.

Well the final question is whats it worth? I dont really use it as i have "bump dies" for my press for rifle bullets and am not really a handgunner.HP Mold service told me he probbly could make the missing dies,but wanted to see one before he could price it.I dont belive he would charge an arm and a leg,at least he has always semed fair to me.

George

buck1
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I saw a SWAG-O Matic set up in 44cal on ebone running right now at better than $200.00 .
This is the highest I have seen one go. Often they bring $100.00+ . But with that place you just never know.

damron g
03-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I saw a SWAG-O Matic set up in 44cal on ebone running right now at better than $200.00 .
This is the highest I have seen one go. Often they bring $100.00+ . But with that place you just never know.

Thanks, i dont pay attention to ebay prices much.

George

kawalekm
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I bought mine at a local gun show for 73$. It had a .357 die set and a thousand jackets. Here it is next to my Rockchucker.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r55/kawalekm/swagingstation.jpg

I've never yet gotten a good deal on ebay yet. More of a seller's market rather than a buyer's market. You pretty much have to pay top dollar for anything posted on ebay.

By the way George, you can contact the people at www.ch4d.com to see what Swagomatic parts they have in stock. I bought top punches for a .451" caliber die set for just 5$ per punch. Most likely they have a replacement ejector rod for you.
Good luck,
Michael

Horton Urban Farm
03-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi George
Do you still have this Swag-O-Matic? If so how much would you want for it?
John