PDA

View Full Version : making check maker with hand tools

edsmith
03-20-2010, 11:53 PM
I will be posting photos of 2 types of check makers,made with common hand tools,no machine tools needed, thats for the tool inpared.:) I am waiting on a drill doctor,I will need sharp drill bits.they can also be made on a drill press a lot easier.

WILCO
03-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Looking forward to it Ed. [smilie=s:

tshrcav8r
03-21-2010, 02:02 AM
I am looking forward to seeing what you have come up with.

Jim Sheldon
03-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I will be posting photos of 2 types of check makers,made with common hand tools,no machine tools needed, thats for the tool inpared.:) I am waiting on a drill doctor,I will need sharp drill bits.they can also be made on a drill press a lot easier.

Sent you a PM earlier, I've got an old Black & Decker drill sharpener I don't need if you haven't gotten your Drill Doctor yet - :-)

Looking forward to seeing your ideas. GC's are getting too doggone expensive to buy anymore and would be nice to be able to make some without having to bid on a GC maker on eBay. Guy won't sell 'em outright, only places them up for bids. As un-gun friendly as eBay is, I don't plan on them getting a cut of my money.

maddog2020
05-04-2010, 12:11 PM
trying to decide if I am tool or tool user impaired

Smokin7mm
05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
would be nice to be able to make some without having to bid on a GC maker on eBay. Guy won't sell 'em outright, only places them up for bids. As un-gun friendly as eBay is, I don't plan on them getting a cut of my money.

PatMarlin sells a checkmaker outright. I have one on order, still waiting for it but have used checks made from it (thanks Mugs) and they work really good.

Bret

Jim Sheldon
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM
PatMarlin sells a checkmaker outright. I have one on order, still waiting for it but have used checks made from it (thanks Mugs) and they work really good.

Bret

Thanks,
I discovered Pat's posts shortly after I posted here. I also have one on order. Looks like about another month before he catches up on previous orders and gets mine out the door.

Jim

JKH
06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey Ed,

How is this project going? I really like you're LEE sizig die adaptation and expect this will be just as inovative

Jeff

edsmith
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
it has been put on the back burner for a short while, I am still working on it,I have to find the best sourse for cheap componets.also to figure out the sizes for the differant cals. the wife has been ill for a while,she had a double bypass last week,but now she has a blood clot in her left lung.the good thing is she is a cardiac R.N so she knows how to handel the problem.

JKH
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Ed,

Sorry to hear you're wife is ill. But as you stated, she knows best what to do and will mend in time. Obviously all other matters take second place, so whenever you can get back to this will be soon enough ;^ )

Take good care of both of you!

Jeff

Thecyberguy
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Ed, I wish your wife a speedy recovery....and being a nurse, she will know the importance of doing what the DR. ordered...

Wish her well for me., Guy

maddog2020
06-16-2010, 10:25 PM
our prayers go out for her daily