PDA

View Full Version : Shucks, He Got Away

wills
07-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Wanted to see him serve a lot of time.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4025339.html

felix
07-05-2006, 11:40 AM
They are hundreds just like him at the top of many companies. Very few, it appears to me, are working for genuine Wealth. Think about it for a moment. Where is all that money? Computers accumulate numbers, not money! The lawyers? The courts? Definitely, not the employees and stockholders! These latter folks have neither the money or the numbers attatched to their accounts. ... felix

redneckdan
07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Shows you a real glimps at his charcter. Some one finally lowers the boom on him and he can't handle the consequences of his actions..

Four Fingers of Death
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
If he'd of robbed me of my retirement fund, he wouldn't have gone so peacefully.

OldBob
07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Dang shame he didn't get to spend his golden years in a small cell with "Bubba the Pervert"

fatnhappy
07-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I hope his family buries him in an unmarked grave. Otherwise it'll be the only plot in Texas to get regular rain.

KCSO
07-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey, he may have to serve an eternity! I'm kinda sorry he moved to Texas as we NEED the rain in Nebraska.

Ranch Dog
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I've been traveling on vacation so I'm not totally up to date on this but... WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS GUY DOING IN COLORADO ON VACATION??? I thought he had been found guilty???

I worked for this fellow a number of years immediately before he went to Eron. He was actually a pretty good fellow to work for, very intelligent and cared about you. His wife, Linda, was great lady. They were really good to me so all the headlines the last few years have made me sad. Just not the fellow I knew.

wills
09-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Still trying to profit

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/06/09/07/enronmotion.pdf

nighthunter
09-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Unfortunately, people of Mr. Lay's character inhabit most of the worlds businesses today. Years back ( still in my lifetime ) employees were a asset to their employers. They had experience and they came to work every day. They did a days work for a days pay.
Today employees are a throw away item. Corporations and their attorneys are making life very difficult for the working man. My employer is sending more and more to China every day. I am in a skilled trade and served an apprenticeship. I had hoped to retire from my job in 5 years but I don't know if it will last that long. I am not greedy and my wages are not as high as the auto industry.
Management seems to have the belief that the less they pay at the bottom, the more there will be for them at the top. That is my definition of greed.
Nighthunter