PDA

View Full Version : Braztech Lever guns

Marvin S
03-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Anyone have one of these and if so is it any good?
Im looking at the 16" BBL 357mag.

hickstick_10
03-20-2010, 05:59 PM
there the rossi 1892 clones, or the puma from legacy sports there all made in the same place i beleive.

I like em, although some have a horrendous hard lever to cycle.

nothing this man cant fix http://www.stevesgunz.com/

Marvin S
03-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Are they the same as the old Rossi Puma? I have one of those in 44mag.

hickstick_10
03-20-2010, 07:39 PM
if it says rossi then yes

jlchucker
03-21-2010, 12:10 PM
I just got one of those. I like it fine, except for the iron sights. I've not really worked up a load for it, but it shoots about one inch plus at 25 yards, with the occasional flier. Shoots a little high at 50. I've not tried longer shots. This will be my truck gun, but I'm planning to replace the front and rear sight--probably with Marble's iron sights. I may even get one of Nate "Kiowa" Jones' rear sights to replace that little lawyer safety--but that's down the road, after I've had the gun a while. Mine came in a box that says "Braztech" on it. The barrel is stamped with the Rossi name.

pietro
03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
[the rossi 1892 clones, or the puma from legacy sports there all made in the same place i beleive.]

No, sir - You are mistaken. Easy, given the dancing that's been done with Model 92 production over the years.

All Rossi's are made in South America by Rossi, who once branded some of their production "Puma" for their "at-the-time" importer, Legacy/LSI (who owns the "Puma" name rights).

LSI & Rossi parted ways when Rossi partnered with Taurus to import M92 into the US as Braztech
- so -
LSI now buys Model 92's, made in Italy by Chiappa ( Armi Sports), branded with their "Puma" name.

FWIW, I have had a Rossi/Braztech 16" Model 92 Big Loop .357 Carbine for over a year, w/o issues of any kind.

The ONLY difference, between it and my LSI/Rossi 16" Model 92 Big Loop .45 Carbine is that the .45 has no provision for a saddle ring.

Both feed like glass out of the box, and I have altered both for my own druthers by tossing the bolt safties and replacing the plastic/fantastic magazine followers with metal ones I made.
I've also recently shorted the mag tube on the .357 to a button mag config.

This is the bolt peep I made by installing a Skinner LoPro peep in a handmade safety replacement plug, I made:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1056072/DSCN0053.JPG

This is the Braztech .357, after I shortened the mag tube:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1056072/DSCN0119.JPG

It also carries a handmade safety replacement plug, but for a peep sight, I top-mounted a Williams 5D-94AE in one hole I D/T'd atop the rear of each receiver side rail.

BOTH peep sight setups readily zeroed @ 100yds, using the issue front sight blades - to which I simply applied a dollop of orange sighy paint for quick pickup/vivibility.

Marvin S
03-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys, I thought is was a little more complicated. I seen them at the last gun show for something like $380.00 and was wondering about the quality.