PDA

View Full Version : Improved CH dies offer Revised

BT Sniper
03-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Guys,

The response to my improved CH dies has been terrific. You guys have posted some great results and I am happy to have helped many of you get started with swaging. Your posted results have been helpful and enjoyable to myself and many others.

I have found that the time it takes me to complete each order to the tight tollerances and perfection I demand is not as quick as I would like. I know you can not rush these things and I am much appreciated to those of you still wating for your dies.

In an attempt to quicken the delivery time I have inlisted the services of a truely knowledgbeable machinist to make the internial punch from quality material and exact tolerances so as to further improve the quality of these dies and speed delivery times.

The custom base punch of my design has proven to not help any more then the standard Ch base punch in terms of stress casued to the shell holder of the standard relaoding press ram. This is just a design limitation of the ram that is weekened by all the primmer arm and slot cutouts. I have discussed the perfect sollution by dedicating a ram or press or have a new solid ram made to dedicate to swaging. I will continue to offer my threaded base punch as a special order and will now offer the standard CH base punch with the improved ch die orders. Their base punch for the swage die works just as well as any of them. I do not care for their core seat punch and will just machine down the swage punch to fit the core seat die so we can make these brass jacketed bullet the way the should be. This will also cut down on delivery time A LOT as it takes me a lot of labor to make those base punches.

For those of you waiting for the 44 cal one step I am expecting these punches in some time next week. It will be worth the wait. Those of you waiting on the 40 cal one step die will still get the standard 3 punches I originaly offered as they work very well and is quick for me to make. Depending on my time and funds will determine if I supply the threaded base punch or stock base punch. I shall see what option will result in a quicker delivery time for all of you. I may offer the upgraded punch for the 40 should any of you feel you need it for an additional cost.

As this original offer was to get many of you interested into swaging for the first time at a very afforable cost I have been happy to spend the time to make this offer at very little profit to me and when labor is include well.... I may be going backwards. So with the even better internial punches now offered and the cost involved with both these and the CH base punch I will be adjusting the cost of these dies to include these upgrades so as to not only increase quality but also decrease your delivery time.

I'll honor my original offered price till end of day Sunday (March 21st) and anyone interested in picking up the one step 40 or 44 die at the original price will need to PM me with a confirmed "I'll take it". After which time the adjusted price will be an aditional $50 per die + $5 shipping. This still make for a great set up that is easy and fun to use. It will pay for itself many times over with the amount of cost saved from having to buy comercial bullets.

Thank you to all who have shown intrest in this great offer and I hope I can continue to spark your intrest in this hobby. No doubt you will continue to see my work posted here for a long time to come.

Good shooting,

Brian

p.s. I may have a few unanswered pms I still need to get to. Should you have sent me one and I did not get back to you please send it to me again. I will alos post picks of the new components as soon as they arrive.

warf73
03-19-2010, 04:13 AM
pm on the way BT

a.squibload
03-20-2010, 02:57 AM
PM sent, thanks.

notenoughguns
03-20-2010, 11:47 AM
PM went out yesterday , Thank you .

BT Sniper
03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, As far as I know all PMs answered. You guys are going to like these set ups.

BT

Sarg
03-20-2010, 07:29 PM
PM Sent BT

notenoughguns
03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys, As far as I know all PMs answered. You guys are going to like these set ups.

BT

Sorry , didn't receive your PM . Please resend , thank you

BT Sniper
03-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder. PMs sent. Anyone else I may have missed pleas let me know.

Good shooting,

BT

BT Sniper
04-04-2010, 11:35 AM
As I have said in other postes I will have a sales page year soon to make prices and avialable products easy to figure out.

So just to clear up any confusion and an attempt to simplify what I have avialble at the moment,

One step 40 or 44 improved CH die your choice of point style = $150 + $5 shipping
Complete set improved CH die any caliber your choice of point style = $325 + $5 shipping
Notched jacket punch for core seating die any caliber = $100
Auto Bullet ejector = $125 +$10 shipping
Solid steel swaging ram for 1" press = $100 + $5 shipping
Lee Steel swaging adapter top for 1 1/8" ram = $75 + $5 shipping

Thanks,

BT

Retired Navy
04-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Any thoughts about making an extended handle for either the RC or Lee Press for better leverage?

BT Sniper
04-04-2010, 02:34 PM
YEP! I am going to see what I can do to both as well as increase leverage.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Saturday evening, while playing around with the swaging dies and my new LEE adaptor, I finally extended the stock LEE handle out to the Maximum, on my LEE classic cast press. that made quite a difference, I can't imagine needing anything longer.
Jon