PDA

View Full Version : finally got out to the ranch

hydraulic
03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, the sun finally came out, and the snow drifts melted, and today I managed to drive into my rifle range for the first time since December 14. That's three months since I've fired a shot from my Browning BPCR and the first match of the season (for me) is only 6 weeks off. I shot five off the bench and got a 2" group, so I put up a NRA small bore 100 yd target and shot two groups of 8 rds. each off crossed sticks. All sixteen stayed in 4 1/2 inches. That's darn good shooting for me. I'm 72 and I hurt everywhere and even over the sticks I waver around to the point I'm surprised I can keep them on the paper. My question is, am I going to be able to hit that 945 yd. buffalo at Alliance in May?

Don McDowell
03-17-2010, 09:37 PM
[smilie=s: My guess is yup

hydraulic
03-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Yup is greatly appreciated.

Boz330
03-18-2010, 08:35 AM
It's not about the score, it's about the fun and camaraderie. Although it is a lot more fun when you hit something and can rub it in on your comrades.:bigsmyl2:

Bob

Jon K
03-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Diitto what Boz330 said..................key word being FUN!!!

Jon

Don McDowell
03-18-2010, 10:19 AM
That Browning and Hydraulic was a match made in heaven. The way those two got along right from the get go was a sight to behold, and that was with ammo that wasn't even crafted for the gun like he has now.
I'm pretty sure there'll be a major rift in the senior category at Alliance and most other places them two get to this year.
Heck of a nice feller and a good shot to boot.

RMulhern
03-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Good time.....unless you FREEZE YOUR **** OFF!!

semtav
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, the sun finally came out, and the snow drifts melted, and today I managed to drive into my rifle range for the first time since December 14. That's three months since I've fired a shot from my Browning BPCR and the first match of the season (for me) is only 6 weeks off.

You need to come up north where they have matches every month regardless ( unless you can't see the targets) just to stay in practice.

too bad I have to quit playing and go back to work soon.

hydraulic
03-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Listen who's calling who a nice feller! I don't want to turn this into a mutual admiration society, but if anyone ever says a bad thing about Don McDowell he would be wise not to let me hear about it.

Semtav: I have had the pleasure of shooting at the Q and hope to make Baker and the Q again this year. I spent twenty summers in the Bighorns and Custer Battlefield and it wouldn't take just a heck of a lot for me to pull up stakes and move out there permanent.

BOZ: You're right about this being about fun. I went to Q last year with my old Trapdoor and shot 613 out of 629 shooters. Now who would put themselves in a position like that except for fun?

RMulern: I have my fingers crossed in hopes it will be tolerable out in Alliance, but I have some not so fond memories of snow storms in May. I shed the long underwear last week, but I'm going to throw them into the RV when we head west.