PDA

View Full Version : Need a custom size push thru sizer die

03-17-2010, 09:57 AM
I need a .377 Lee type push thru sizer die. I believe a member on this forum can provide them. How do I contact him??

45-70 Chevroner
03-17-2010, 10:23 AM
How much is affordable? I need one in 380 for my marlin cowboy 38-55.

RobS
03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
They are very reasonable, and his work is excellent. I'll post up what he PM'd me a while back:

"I make both Lee and Lyman/RCBS dies. The Lee dies are $22 + $3.00 shipping for the 1st die via 1st Class USPS. Two or more Lee dies go in the $5 small flat rate box.

The Lyman dies are $28 + $2 rtn shipping via 1st Class USPS. A 2nd Lyman die is $1 additional shipping. If you're wanting more then 2 Lyman dies they'd have to go in the $5 USPS box.

These flat rate boxes have free delivery confirmation. *NOTE* 1st Class USPS does not have Del Conf, nor insurance. If you're wanting either, the next cheapest way to ship is the Small Flat Rate Box @ $5. Insurance is NOT provided. If you want insurance you'll need to provide the additional funds.

Tolerance on the dies is nominal to +.0003". They're proofed with a WW slug which is shipped with the die. As you know from very soft to very hard alloys will size to different OD's in the same die. If you want to size very hard, or very soft bullets to an exact diameter, please provide 3 slugs in that alloy, otherwise WW does a creditable job for 95% of shooting cast.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do NOT normally cut the relief groove for the old style Lyman #45 lube press die retaining setscrew. If you intend to use these dies in that style press lease be sure to include that info in your order instructions. Otherwise it isn't going to be there.

A personal check is fine. Please provide instructions (sizeing diameter) and your board handle or e-mail so I can contact you if necessary. NOTE: Your check IS NOT cashed until your order is ready to ship."

Jim Sheldon
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Friend of mine on another forum had him make a Lee type one for me in .325. It arrived this morning and is absolutely perfect. The only thing that does not come with it is a lock ring to snug it into the press. You will need to get one or borrow one off one of your other dies before using it as the lock ring is necessary to insure proper die alignment in the press - he sends a printed sheet of instructions along with the die.

Thought I'd mention the need to obtain a lock ring so you can scrounge up one while waiting the very short while for Buckshot to make you the die.

Haven't used mine yet as I'm waiting for the liquid alox on the boolits to dry.

6.5 mike
03-17-2010, 07:54 PM
I also just got one from buckshot. Mines a .268 for my swede's. Workmanship is flawless & I was surprized how fast it got to me. I will be doing this some more as needed. Thanks buckshot.