PDA

View Full Version : Single actions on the DvD covers

Four Fingers of Death
03-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I noticed a week or so ago that the SA Army that Tommy Lee Jones is holding on the cover of three burials for what's his name has long slots in place of the index slots on the chamber.

My son hired 'AppaloosA out from the local vid shop and I notice that the SA that Ed Harris is holding is the same. It also looks like it is moulded from pot metal it is so rough.

You'd think they would get a real one for the photo.

44man
03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Now just how many stars from commyfornia would you trust with a real gun these days? [smilie=l:Some are likely to shoot themselves in the foot with an empty gun!

H-Marlin
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Now just how many stars from commyfornia would you trust with a real gun these days? [smilie=l:Some are likely to shoot themselves in the foot with an empty gun!

:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:[smilie=w:[smilie=w:

03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
prop guns :(
I imagine Hollywood and Nuevo York are suffering a shortage of real prop guns these days. Each time I see a prop supply house go to auction with large lots of the real guns from the past I know it's only a matter of time before such fakes will show. As dumbed down as the public is about guns no need for much more than a pot metal casting. It's one reason I like the old westerns.... many or all of the guns were real- even if the acting was bad. Also, I admire Selleck for his TWS produced westerns where he used many of his personal, real guns and only used a few eye-talians for fillers. Haven't seen a pot metal casting in any of them :)

scrapcan
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
A few years ago I was at the Cody Firearms museum and got to see a large display of famous hollywood firearms. The real deal such as Little Joe and Hoss Cartright's handguns, these are two that stuck in my mind.

It was good to see that they were well used and some were modified by the owner/user to better suit their needs.