PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Glock barrel

DevilDog83
03-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Anyone else have real tight chamber with the Lone Wolf barrel? My boolits seem to be way tight in this barrel only, work perfect in all my other pistols

missionary5155
03-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Good morning
Seems to me they sell a Match Chamber Model... If you have that one them that could be the difference. Then there is the simple reality of tolerences. Fat sizer and small chamber.. but both within specs.
I dedicate brass to firearms. I have 500 for the Glock... another 500 for the P9.... and the Kel-Tek carbine ... that way there are no chambering proplems.

cptinjeff
03-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I had this problem with Lone Wolf in Glock.

I've been told if you send the bbl back to lone wolf they will fix it. It is most likely worth a phone call to find out.

I actually "lapped" mine out a little and it seemed to help quite a bit. I took a 45 colt case and seated an inverted .452 long bullet flush in the case and "lubed" the outside of the case with 320g lapping compound. Next step is to put bbl in a heavily padded vice and insert colt case and spin. I used hand tools to spin it but it would be easy enough to drill out the primer hole and put a thin bolt with a nut on the outside of the case and chuck the bolt in a hand drill. I was afraid of too much of a good thing and hand turning seemed to do the trick! I'm not recommending this...it is just what I did because I'm too cheap and impatient to ship it back to Lone Wolf.

Hope this helps.

DevilDog83
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the input, I think I'll have a pro do it

ANeat
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Ive fixed a few aftermarket Glock barrels that wouldnt even accept a standard "go" gauge for the caliber. Just a simple re-chambering with a factory chamber reamer will cure the problem.

BTW these were 45acp barrels but I have heard of the same thing with several calibers.

The whole "match chamber" is a line of BS, there is a long list of things you can do to a semi-auto handgun to improve the accuracy and having a chamber so tight it wont accept a factory "go" gauge insnt on the list.

calaloo
03-16-2010, 08:11 AM
I would be concerned about the accuracy of a barrel and, indeed, the general workmanship not to mention quality control of a barrel with a bad chamber. This seems to be a common problem. Who makes the best aftermarket barrels for Glocks?

cptinjeff
03-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Lone Wolf bbls are relatively cheap and in a sense I guess you get what you pay for. On the other hand, my LW is very accurate...just a touch more so than the factory bbl and it shot jacketed bullets without a hiccup right out of the box (or plastic shipping container:-o). Problem for me was that I bought the LW to shoot cast and for that the chamber was snug to say the least.

DevilDog83
03-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I guess that's the only reason to get the barrel, to shoot the less expensive lead, that was my reason anyway, thanks to all who gave me input