PDA

View Full Version : S&W model 65-3 grips round butt

casca
03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I have recently taken in a 65-3 round butt
it currently sports a pachmeir grip, but I believe that I want the OEM grip or at least wooden ones

what is the consensus of the forum on this matter? will I have a hard time find OEM grips? or is pachmeir the way to stay
casca

Thin Man
03-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I have always enjoyed the original wood stocks on the round butt K-frame S&W's, then add a Tyler's T-grip on the front of the frame to help the grip area fill into my hand. Pachmayr used to make a similar grip adaptor but these have been gone for years. Pachmayr makes a compact grip for this revolver, the rear strap is not covered with the grip so as to move your hand closer to the trigger. Right now I am using a Hogue "Bantam" rubber grip on a M-65, as above the rear grip strap is not covered. The Hogue fills the hand well and has a projection for the small finger.

MT Gianni
03-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I've got a 66 2.5" rb that the pachmayer was the original grip per the previous owner. I also have a wooden grip but prefer the Pach. to shoot and carry.

9.3X62AL
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Take a look at Pachmayr Compacs. These are my favorite grips on round-butt K-frames. If that is what you have now, never mind.

Char-Gar
03-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I have a 65 and like it very well. I prefer the original style grips and have pair of aged Westinghous micarta grips on mine with a Tyler T-Grip. The 38 Special just doesn't generate enough recoil to need rubber or oversize grips.

I think I have several pair of factory Smith RB K frame grips in my grip box. If you are interested I will look.

casca
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
yes, I would be interested in oem grips if even if the only reason is to just have em'

Have yet to shoot this 357 mag, but since we have no concealed carry in illinois - propably won't have for some time I usually have my ruger sp101 jammed in my pocket in case we go somewhere it maybe needed

thanks to all for you input
casca

EMC45
03-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I think I have a pair at the house. I will check when I get home.

Mk42gunner
03-15-2010, 11:26 PM
I like K frames, round or square butt, with original wood grips and a Tyler grip adapter. They may not handle recoil the best, but they fit my hand better than anything I have tried.

Robert

pmeisel
03-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Its all personal preference... I like the Pachmayrs better than the originals.....

jstot
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I just put a set of Hogue Bantams on my 3" RB 65. I looked at about all the rubber options and liked this one best by far. Very controllable and still pretty compact.

JT