PDA

View Full Version : Cast Performance LBT 360 & 395 grain WLNGC lead tips?

Scrapper
03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello everyone this is my first post here and I'm glad to have found this place as I'm getting into some loads with lead bullets.

I have a box of each of these bullets and was wondering if I need to size the bullets down to run them through my 460 XVR 8 3/8". These bullets measured .453" in Dia. but the box says .452". These bullets will push through the cylinder chambers with some force by hand is this sufficient for accuracy?

So I have been told that they are ready to shoot out this gun, as per the manufacturer.

As per the Lee Die Kit instructions.
These are starting loads>>
360gr with 35gr of H110
395gr with 30gr of H110

If anyone has any experience with these please chime in let me know how you made out. When I get to finally shoot these I'll post more.

RobS
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Your bullets will work just fine as they are about right for your cylinders (it is good to have a bit of resistence when attempting to push them through the cylinder throats). If your cylinders are .001 or .002 over the groove diameter of the barrel you should have yourself good accuracy.

I looked at the reload data on Hodgdon's site and the info for charge weight of H110 is for the minimum loads on each of the bullet weights so it looks like you are on the right track. Put yourself a good hard crimp on the rounds so you have consistent ignition of the powder.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

Scrapper
03-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks for looking over my thread and giving me your input.

Caster Blaster
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
check "460 xvr "in the search, Stub Shaft gave me some good directions towards sites with loading info, I am still getting a loading regiment started with the same gun as you