PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Customer Service

Marshal Kane
06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Was trimming some cases Monday on my RCBS rotary case trimmer when the cutting head decided to quit on me after only about twenty-five years of service. It had been telling me it was tired for some time but I ignored it. Called RCBS Customer Service and a nice lady rep answered. "Tell me what I have to do to get my cutting head sharpened." says I. She replies, " We don't sharpen the cutting heads anymore so I will send you a new one." "And what will that cost?" says I. "No charge", say lady rep, "It's covered by the lifetime warranty." Thursday, USPO drops off a padded envelope containing a brand spanking new cutter head. Kinda feels good when the company that you buy from is there to support you even when their equipment is over twenty-five years old.

redneckdan
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
I recently ordered a new decapping pin for my 8x57 dies. I fergot to tell the lady I have the older dies that use a collet and unthreaded rod. I recieved a threaded decaping rod and called them back. I oppologized for not giving them the right info but they said no problem and mailed me the correct rod assembly as wells as a five pack of pins. I asked if they wanted the other pin back and she said I could have it, her words were somethin like "you can ebay it or use it with a hammer as an emergency decapper". So if anybody needs a decapper for 8x57 dies, give me a holler.

scrapcan
06-30-2006, 03:25 PM
I had the same experience recently with a lubamatic sizer that I bought in the mid 1980's. The die lock ring was giving me trouble and I was not sure if it was threads on teh lock ring or threads in the casting. They had me send it in and it cam back adjusted, parts replaced, and at no charge.

Two companies have given this level of service, RCBS and Dillon, and a third had great customer service but was unabl eto provide parts for a press that was made by a couple of owners in a previous product line, CH Tool and Die.

It is nice to know these companies exist in a world that throw away and replace everything.

broomhandle
06-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi All,

I too have had very good help from RCBC & Dillon.

The hinge on the box for my 30-06 dies snapped after 20 years of use & when I called about a broken depriming rod, they sent me a new box & a replacment rod with a few extra inserts -No charge-.

Dillon replaced the bowl on my tumbler after the new puppy chewed it all to hell.
I told the rep. what happened and he LOL.

He said just ship it & we will fix it for FREE!

I'm a happy reloader with this type of service.

Be safe,
broom

Bucks Owin
06-30-2006, 05:20 PM
It's pretty hard to beat the RCBS "no fault guarantee" when it comes to customer service, that's for sure!

A great company and friend to gun nuts for decades....

Dennis

9.3X62AL
06-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Lots and lots of green on my loading bench, and you guys gave the reasons why.

keeper89
07-01-2006, 07:34 AM
How can you NOT love a company that loves YOU enough to replace parts on a 30 year old (or more) machine that you broke---and charge nothing---and thank you for using their products? There has to be a compelling reason for me to buy anything other than green.........:mrgreen:

j4570
07-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Yep,

RCBS's guarantee keeps me buying from them. Though I have bought new trimmer cutters myself. Maybe I should those old ones back for replacement???

The other thing than the guarantee (LEE has a guarantee, but I haven't liked their customer service much) is their products work!!!! RCBS dies, repeatedly, for all calibers-odd, obsolete, and common ones work well.

The only thing I have ever heard common complaints about that RCBS makes is the Piggyback conversion to make one of their single stages a progressive. RCBS always sent them parts for free, but it simply didn't work repeatedly well.

At last count I think I had 37 different calibers, and over 30 of them were RCBS.

JW

Marshal Kane
07-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Yep,

RCBS's guarantee keeps me buying from them. Though I have bought new trimmer cutters myself. Maybe I should those old ones back for replacement???JWYou may be asked to send the old cutter heads back if you request more than one replacement. Since I only had a need for one, RCBS never even asked for the old one back. Over the years, RCBS has always backed up their products with free service and parts. They even replaced a primer tray for my Rock Chucker that my dog had chewed up. The rep just laughed and took my name and address. Can't beat that kind of service! The only time I received a bill from them was when I sent them two seater plugs to have them custom machined to match my bullets. Was the fair thing to do.

44woody
07-08-2006, 12:42 PM
green and blue are my favorite two colors on my loading desk rcbs & Dillon both have the same kind of warrenty service yea you pay a little more but in my book its well worth the extra money you spend I cracked a lube-a-matic 2 ( too much pressure) once sent it back and they sent me a new one pdq well just my 2 cents worth 44Woody

JKearns
07-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Re Lee;
I had great service with Lee. I was visiting my daughter in Wisconsin and doing some casting to pass the time when my lead pot started dripping like crazy. I called them up and drove over to the plant. They told me to go to lunch. when I got back I had a new liner in the pot . no charge. When I got back to Madison I discovered there was no control rod in the pot. called then and one was delivered the next day. I sure cant complain about that:) I have also had excellent service with RCBS. THings were replaced without question. A wonderful company!

Rooster
07-16-2006, 02:17 PM
RCBS Customer Service is great. I've had replacement parts delivered on several different items throughout the years and it was no charge, very helpful in the technical service department too. I can't say enough good about them. I haven't taken the Dillon plunge yet, but I would not hesitate to from all the positive things I have heard about them also.

lovedogs
07-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I've been reloading for 37 years now and have had many dealings with RCBS, they've always given service "above and beyond" what one would expect.

Several others are very good, also. One I want to mention is Saeco/Redding. Believe it or not I got a .45-70 mould from them that wasn't quite right. I sent it in for repair or replacement. They had a cherry problem but built me one that would get me by until they could get a new cherry made to make me a perfect mould. It took a while, but eventually I got a perfect mould back. They also modified a top punch for me when the original wasn't agreeing with the meplat on some of my .44 bullets. All this they did free of charge and in a friendly manner.

Lots of good companies out there. Sometimes it depends on our attitude when we are talking to them, also. I've found most gun people are pretty reasonable and honest.

wcb_gabe
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
For the reasons you guys have stated. When I need reloading equiptment I look at the green and blue stuff first.