PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what's going on w/ CH4D?

Wayne Smith
06-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Never got anything from them from my chamber cast and conversation in Feb. except my chamber cast back in the mail. Was being patient, perhaps too much. Now the phone number on their web site is no longer in service.

Anybody have any idea what's going on there?

Wayne Smith
07-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Gentlemen

I had no idea it took this long to make a custom die! This is the answer I got from Dave to my e-mail questioning when they would be ready and problems with the phone. The phone problem is probably on my end.

"I answer email from home & don't have all the records here but the dies were machined April 25, went to heat treat about May 10, came back about June 12. They are still cleaning & polishing that batch so the dies could have been shipped this week or will be within the next 10 days.
You might want to check your phone service. The number listed on our website receives about 30 calls a day.& hasn't changed since the phone company changed the area code in 1998."
Dave

Dale53
07-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Since it is apparent that CH outsources the heat treat, it is probably necessary to wait until they have enough dies to make it worth while to ship out (the alternative would be a VERY expensive set of dies).

Summer time is a slow time in the reloading business, my friends in the business tell me, so that probably added to your delay.

Just a thought or two...

Dale53