PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

45-70 Chevroner
03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I have looked at all the options for posting this question but can't find one so here goes.
I would like to learn how to post pictures.
Can I post pictures using the USB port on the computer tower straight from my camera? What is the process? We are having a problem with our printer it is not talking to our computer 100%. My son in law tried to help me put pictures on this site but could not figure out what was wrong. A few months back I was trying to enlarge some instructions for a digital scale, and some how I messed up the printer and it has not worked quite right sense. I'm one of thoes guys that pushes all the buttons until it works or it dosn't :oops:. My wife grounded me from the computer for a month.

mag44uk
03-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Check out this sticky:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3051
You will need to store the photo from your camera (via USB cable) in a folder on your PC.
HTH
Tony

44man
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I use Kodak and download from my camera to there. Then I can change it to what I like and click on "save as" to save at the best format. I save to my documents either as "best for the web" or Best for E mail" and that reduces the size so it can be posted here.
Click on manage attachments, browse, my documents, find the picture, click on it and then upload. Then submit reply after the picture loads.
For other sites I use Photo bucket.

454PB
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Actually, you can upload directly from the camera to the "attachments" portion of the site, it just takes a few more clicks and the camera has to be connected to the computer. Though I have used the storage available on this website, I find it's easier to use Photobucket or Imageshack as a host and just insert the link to the post. Make sure you have the photo properly sized and cropped before posting it. 480X640 pixels works well for me.

KYCaster
03-12-2010, 02:19 AM
What 44man said....it works for me.

Jerry

chris in va
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Imageshack. I use a card reader that plugs into the USB port of my old computer. Find your picture on the camera's card, double click and upload to imageshack.

I think it's the third option down, 'forum code'. Highlight the whole thing, cut/paste into the message field on here. Voila.