PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Primers

alamogunr
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I just got a dealer circular from Grafs. They have some very good prices on Wolf primers. I'm assuming they have them in stock or they wouldn't have listed them in the circular. The prices compare very favorably with Powder Valley. For example: Small Pistol-$23.99/M or 113.99/5M. Large rifle-25.39/M or 119.79/5M

Granted, you have to buy a quantity that would amortize the Hazmat charge but a cooperative buy should handle that. Also, I don't know if they will ship primers and powder together as Powder Valley does.

I thought some here might be interested. I can't take advantage of these prices now since I can't swing a buy by myself. Most folks close by that I know think buying more than a 100 primers is a large purchase.

John
W.TN

PS A C&R license gets you the dealer prices.

alamogunr
03-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Looked further in the Grafs circular. They have some very good prices on Starline brass. All prices are per 100 pcs. This fits for me since what I need is .45-70 and .475 Linebaugh. Starline only quotes prices for 250.

John
W.TN

03-09-2010, 07:12 PM
alamogunr,
Read the fine print on the last page. They have qualifiers on those prices, other than the obvious Haz-Mat fee. Those prices are for cash, not credit card. You can send them a check and they hold your order for 14-days. With the mail, their hold, and shipping, you'll be waiting for close to a month for your purchase.

That is one of the reasons why I don't buy from them.

jcwit
03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Use a Wal-Mart money order. Don't know for sure but I've never had anyone hold one. And they're cheap.

LAH
03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
That's a good buy. The ones from Powder Valley were 25.50/1000. I had the max hazmat weight they could ship so it cost 5.1% to get the box here.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Creekerpics/Picture445.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Creekerpics/Picture444.jpg

alamogunr
03-10-2010, 12:42 AM
alamogunr,
Read the fine print on the last page. They have qualifiers on those prices, other than the obvious Haz-Mat fee. Those prices are for cash, not credit card. You can send them a check and they hold your order for 14-days. With the mail, their hold, and shipping, you'll be waiting for close to a month for your purchase.

That is one of the reasons why I don't buy from them.

I've ordered from them often and never had an order held. I do pay by money order but that is a small inconvenience. I hear all the time about how slow the mail is but hardly ever experience it. I just got a rifle from another supplier. I mailed a USPS money order and FFL last Wednesday. The FFL called yesterday and said the rifle was there. The only way you will do better than that is pick it up yourself.

I always read the fine print. I prefer not to use a credit card if the prices are low. Why should the merchant(mail order or retail) have to pay tribute to Citibank et al. and have to raise his prices to cover it?

Obviously, we are all different and that is what makes the world go round. I wasn't trying to persuade you to buy from them.

John
W.TN

03-10-2010, 01:02 AM
alamogunr,
I understand.